Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Well...I finally got my nerve up and went out on my own. This is where I went...view from my balcony. As I'm walking to the water I hear "haha Nancy...what do you think you're doing". I responded with ... "getting breakfast".

FirstPicswithCam001.jpg

So there I am fishing...I can feel nibbles...lost one lure to a snag...more nibbles...lost a lure to the darn fish...I'm thinking it must be real BIG.

I sit...re-tie...can hear more hassling from my friend Erika..."no luck Nance" "haha". I'm thinking...just wait...I'll show ya.

30 minutes later...after a few more nibbles..."Fish On". Geeezzz instant heart race. So I yell.."Hey Erika, I got one!! come give me a hand". So happy she did come...I had never taken a fish off the hook...then I'm getting nervous about the time the fish is out of the water...have to take pictures...don't forget the OFC sign...oh crap the measuring tape...now I have to hold it too...and then the release.

FirstPicswithCam013.jpg

FirstPicswithCam012.jpg

FirstPicswithCam015.jpg

Erica does the release...come on fishy, breathe...

FirstPicswithCam017.jpg

My friend Erica...say what girl...haha

I hear a male tenant say..."did she really get one" haha....Yeppers I really did...an 18.5" pike...my first pike :clapping:

Thanks Everyone...my day got even better. As a thank you for helping me with the fish...Erika convinced me to ride with her on her motorcycle....last time I was on one was when I was 19 and the guy went very slow.

Well...I had an hour and a half of pure freedom. I think I'm in for an awesome summer....fishing and riding. :thumbsup_anim:

Way to go Nancy, you go girl. That's awesome.

You should probably use a leader next time, then you won't get bitten off, which pike are notorious for. ;)

Joey

Edited by Joey

WTG Nancy thats awesome.

Great report love the photo's.

Nothing like riding on a open road i used to ride back in the early eighties before i became a mom. Then i had to give up the bikes. :(

I often think about getting another bike . Especially when the friday 13th events roll around here in dover.....

Congrats on your 1st pike hun. :clapping:

Congrats on your first pike!!! I'm a bit jealous...you got to go fishing, I got to drive 6 hours to Michigan on Saturday to see the in-laws, and then 6 hours on Sunday to come home....LOL. Great report...hope to see more in the near future!

On my 50th BDay .. with pink leather chaps :w00t:

lol Nancy.

Are you going to get the bike to match the chaps?

Have a biker chic that comes to the 13th she rides a bright pink trike wears all leather pink & white. And seriously this woman has a chest on her bigger than dolly herself......LOL.......wears a very very low v necked leather top and likes to stand with one leg up wearing white leather thigh high boots on her seat,

bent over and basically polishes her tank all day.......LOL......

I get such a larf watching the men all standing around like little puppy dogs with there tounges all hanging out and i am sure they're tails are wagging too.....LOL. :whistling:

Gotta love FRIDAY THE 13TH........lol :thumbsup_anim: