Well, my day started off OK but!!!!!!

Big Cliff

My day started off OK but it sure went down hill fast. I was on my way into town for an appointment and a Chev Astrovan ran a red light and nailed me on the right rear wheel. He claimed he tried to stop and slid, the roads were slush covered but he really hit me hard, my truck has a lot of damage.I spun in a full 180 and it was all I could do to keep from hitting the oncomming traffic.

Fortunatly for me there were lots of witnesses and he has been charged with running a red light. My insurance company has already aranged for me to have a replacement vehicle to drive and will tell me in the next few days if mine will be fixed or written off (fortunatly I have full replacement). I really want to thank PC T. Stewart from the City of Kawartha Lakes Police Dept.. He was so kind and considerate with me, made sure I was OK, aranged for a tow truck for me, made sure I had all the necessary information to give to my insurance company. The gentileman that stayed with me until the Police arrived and gave a statement; Moyers Towing, their driver went out of his way to give me a ride over to the Nissan Dealership so that I could get another car to drive; and all the very kind people that stopped to make sure I was OK and see if I needed anything. Gosh I love living in a small town!

The best part of it is that I am OK, a little stiff and sore but nothing serious, us old guys are use to being stiff and sore anyway LOL. The car will be fixed or replaced, me, well I'll just get better!

Glad you are OK Cliff.

I hope they can fix up your Astro. It may be hard to find another good one. Too bad they quit making them. They were a pretty good multi-purpose vehicle.

Ooops. Reread your post. It wasn't YOUR Astro van.

What were you driving?

Edited by Bernie

See we're not all bad :D

But seriously, monitor yourself, whiplash and other soft tissue injuries as a result of traffic collisions (not accidents...that implies there is no fault) set in 24-48 hours after the fact....

Glad you're okay though, it's pretty dangerous when people run red lights.....

Pick a different colour this time Cliff... this one wasn't right for you it appears!

Good to hear all is well... and if not make that trip to emerg. The TempDis forms are a PITA from the insurance co... but a route you may need to take when you wake up and your head is pegged like Linda Blair....

Well I'm so glad to hear you are okay. Tomorrow may be a different story tho. Usually the day after is the worst, kind of like working out :lol:

Make sure you make a claim for any lost wages etc. That is what insurance is for bud.

Joey

Glad to hear your AOK Cliff!! I'm sure there have been lots of accidents like yours in Lindsay this winter.......the roads are a total mess!!!! I know the intersection by the college is a real doosie as well......I've seen more than a few there since the start of the new year!

Some people just can't take thier time.........they end up paying for it though.

Good luck with the insurance claim, hope it goes smooth for you.

Sinker

What's that they say....if it doesn't kill you....it at least lets you go new vehichle shopping. Something like that anyway. Sorry for your poopy day Cliff...but I'm glad you are OK. Count your blessings and take care of yourself....and watch out for those Kawartha Lakes Drivers!!! I cringe every summer when we are in Caygeon alot.

Cliff, I really liked what I had and it is only two years old. If it can be fixed properly I'd be happy with that.

Bernie: It's a 2006 Nissan X-Trail

Thanks Dave! There are no bad ones in City of Kawartha Lakes any way LOL.

Wayne, Guess silver isn't a good colour, might go with bright red next time!

Lew, that is what he claims and the roads were covered in slush but he sure must have been sliding fast, he ended up stoping at least 5 van lengths from where he hit me so he was no where close to stopping.

As for being sore and stiff, well I guess I'll just have to see what tomorrow brings. I'd pour a shot of brandy or something but don't have any in the house so I think I'll just climb into a hot bath with a nice cup of tea and see if Sue feels sorry enough for me to give me a back rub LOL.