Are you working over Christmas ??

lew

I pretty well worked either Christmas or New Years for about 37 years and now that I don't work anymore it's nice to be home for the entire holiday season.

Howz bout you, are you stuck with working over the holidays ??

I was supposed to be working all of the holidays this year,and normally I don't mind working Christmas, as long as I get boxing day off. A few things have happened in the last couple of weeks and I am unexpectedly off for the holidays now...sometimes that can be more exhausting than working ;)

Maureen

Well I do have Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday off .I have been in the printing business for 21 years and have never worked at a company that shuts down until after New Years.

My Dad was a stationary Engineer for Bell for 32 years and I remember how many Christmas days we missed him cause he had to work so I am happy just to have the days off that my company provides.

My Mom's husband is a Captain in the Northbay Ontario Fire Dept and yes he sometimes works Christmas and New Years.So I know how it must have been for you sometimes Lew.

I remember my Dad would some times work all night then stay up all day with us on Christmas just to make sure our Christmas Day would be perfect.Thanks for thinking of the people who have to work on Christmas Lew.

MTP

No we are lucky here Honda shuts down for the holiday so the 2nd will be my next day to work and that is only because they pay us double time and a half same as the last day of the year its hard to pass it up.

I love the fact that I can spend all the holiday with my family. Before i had kids I would work so that otehrs could have it off same as the wife we know now wh yit meant so much to the ones who got it off Kids make Christmas so special.

Edited by MrEh

Hi Lew,

People are still buying new cars for the holidays (wish I was on their gift list-LOL!) & still getting into fender-benders, even on Christmas Eve, so we're working half a day today, then off Dec 25 & 26, then back to work on Thursday. I'll be spending Christmas Eve enjoying our traditional Cheese Fondue with the family, then a big Christmas dinner on Christmas day!

Merry Christmas to all !!! :santa:

DebS

For the first 15 years or so of my career I worked my share of Xmas and New Years Eve. As MrEh mentioned, i didn't mins at all before I had kids. Now I have the seniority that I need to spend Xmas day with my wife and four year old daughter.

Boy she's wound up today with friends and family coming over later this evening.

We just let her open an early gift so she has her own kids digital camera for the festivities.

Someone remind me to close the bathroom door from now on.

Merry Christmas all and for those of you working, especially in the Emergency Services.

Thank you

Cheers Craig

Yes I will. The director at the camp has left for a job in New Zeland and we have family gatherings and meetings scheduled from Boxing day through the winter months. Someone has to be there to help them and I'm it.

I had to work today lew from 7am till around 2pm...so it wasnt all that bad,i didnt do much,so now im off til jan 2nd...hopefully i can dig all my ice-fishin stuff out and hit the hard water,its just amoney thing,im really broke,bad so we will see,thanks for thinking of us that work on the holidays lew you a great guy !!!!!!merry xmas!!!! :santa::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Guest skeeter99

yep work all week on nights

I am in right now LOL!!!

I cant complain I only work 14 days a month and the rest is playtime!!! LOL!!

the problem is which 14 days sometimes

Edited by skeeter99

workin' right now Lew! Editing a walleye show - it's gonna be a good one to... But I'm taking a few days off as of tomorrow morning!

Merry Christmas all!

Ryan & Family

And here I thought I already watched a Walleye program :P

Maureen

NO, NO, NO, NO, I am not working during the holidays, thank the lord above, lol.

Final day today, our president let us go at 2:45 pm, and we do not go back until Jan. 2nd.

Course, that day my life becomes a living hell again, lol.

I have had 2 whole days off since July 1st, other than about 4 days sick days(but those do not count).

I finally got out fishing since mid to late August just last saturday, caught squat, but I was out fishing, in the rain, then the snow, then the wet snow, lol, and may get out boxing day as well, but if that does not work out, this coming weekend for sure.

My work cell phone is turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!