Im Home Now, Recovering !!!

fishindevil

Well everything went well this morning, at toronto western hospital im at home now. :stretcher::huh: ..and i hope to be walleye fishin in no time... :clapping: . :P .

so about my back surgery???? what they did is to BURN MY NERVES OFF....comming from 4 of my lower discs,as my discs slowly deteriorate,they are squeezing my nerves and creating bad swelling and severe pain i have had several problems with this area for years...on a regular basis i go to the hospital ,get put under sedation,put to sleep and they give me about 20-40 needles into my muscle tissue and inject a pain block medicine. :huh: i do this about every 3 months,sometimes it works and sometoimes not...but it does help with some pain relief...so today it was a new treatment,they acually cau the nerves and hopefully it will give me some long term pain reduction,it will not take all the pain away but the back surgeon says i will feel some pain relief...so i see it as a win-win....i might have to have it again in maybe 2 years,as some nerves may acually grow back,but if i can get off some of those heavy-duty medications or at least cut them way back. :blink: ..i will feel like it was a success,the doc says im off work for about 2 weeks and within a few days i will be OK TO FISh....LOL..LOL of course that was my main question !!!!!!!! :lol::P . so i will just take it easy for a few days and i should be up & active in no time....so once again thanks everyone for your well-wishes,and get well posts....that and the fact my amazing fishergirl,is looking after me im in great hands. :w00t::worthy: ...thanks shawn

Wishing you a speedy recovery and less pain going forward.

My wife has the same condition and it's amazing how drastic it affects one's daily routine and ability to perform the simplest tasks. I too have suffered from back pain since I was 16 only I think mine is of a different nature. I have to keep moving and sleeping any longer than 6 hours results in terrible pain.

My point is, if you've never suffered through chronic back pain, it's difficult to understand just how frustrating it can be.

The previous injections you referred to, was that a facet block?

I hope this procedure works well for you Shawn...I have a keen interest in the long-term results...

My operation for a protruding disc that was pressing against the spinal column did fix that problem but I still have degeneration and arthritis to deal with...Ok as long as I don't over do it (doesn't take much)...

Please keep us informed once in a while...Thanks !