Greencoachdog

Nice hat!!!.That shirt looks sorta like a walleye catching shirt.Are you still wearing the same clothes that you were wearing in June?I know you believe in lucky fishing lures but you snag one wall-ice and you wear the same clothes for 4 months?You aint right..

Joe

Edited by Daplumma

That's a beauty fish GCD

The lack of barbels, the blueish/gray colour and the sharp pointy dorsal fin leads me to believe it's a species of buffalo (perhaps smallmouth buffalo)...Is there anyone out there who can make a positive ID on it? I've never caught a buffalo before but there's something just not "carpy" about that fish.

Here's one link I found

http://www.roughfish.com/id.html

MJL - I must say that when I first saw the pic I immediately thought that it wasn't a carp either. Something 'fishy' about the dorsal fin and mouth. :lol: Looked in the books I've got and sure enough I've got to agree that it looks like it could be a Smallmouth Buffalo. The book says they average 2-10lbs but the rod and line record is 82lbs!!!!!

GCD - either way great catch and nice big surprise! What are you gonna catch next from that there deep honey hole of yours?!

That's a beauty fish GCD

The lack of barbels, the blueish/gray colour and the sharp pointy dorsal fin leads me to believe it's a species of buffalo (perhaps smallmouth buffalo)...Is there anyone out there who can make a positive ID on it? I've never caught a buffalo before but there's something just not "carpy" about that fish.

Here's one link I found

http://www.roughfish.com/id.html

It is indeed a Smallmouth Buffalo MJL, thanks for bringing that to my attention! I knew it wasn't exactly a Carp the first time I saw it at the surface because it was silver instead of gold.

Edited by GCD