Who's Ready for Ice Fishing?

jimmer

I'm waiting with cash in hand to buy a brand new otter flip over. I want an insulated model. Time to buy the one I've always wanted. Problem is nobody has them in stock yet.....

The lakes can't freeze soon enough for me.

S.

Can't wait to get out. This November I really have to prep my gear rather then the first time I go out on the ice with B or nick being like 'What the *%+* was I doing last year?'

Please, this season, show up in winter gear, not your spongebob PJ,s.

LOL

My gear is in the sled, in the shed. I can wait a good long while for ice, as there is lots of other fishing to be done. Freeze up would be ideal around Jan 15th. That gives me November and December for browns and bows, First couple weeks of Jan for Niagara and then a few months of ice. Good enough for me!

My gear is in the sled, in the shed. I can wait a good long while for ice, as there is lots of other fishing to be done. Freeze up would be ideal around Jan 15th. That gives me November and December for browns and bows, First couple weeks of Jan for Niagara and then a few months of ice. Good enough for me!

When I lived in Brampton in the early 80,s, I was in the same mind set. I was in the middle of the winterfest. South open water,north the covered waters.

Living in Barrie, and I still have the same decisions, but travel is much less. The winters are not the same. Rivers here are open in December and lakes are not harden up. So traveling is much less ,when I decide where to go. Nice to have the best of both I would say.

When I lived in Brampton in the early 80,s, I was in the same mind set. I was in the middle of the winterfest. South open water,north the covered waters.

Living in Barrie, and I still have the same decisions, but travel is much less. The winters are not the same. Rivers here are open in December and lakes are not harden up. So traveling is much less ,when I decide where to go. Nice to have the best of both I would say.

Where I live, everything is a drive, unless I want to catch Browns and specs or fish a reservoir. Closest steelhead is about an hour. Everything else is 1.5-2. I'm used to traveling these days LOL. It's worth it to live in farm country.

I'm waiting with cash in hand to buy a brand new otter flip over. I want an insulated model. Time to buy the one I've always wanted. Problem is nobody has them in stock yet.....

The lakes can't freeze soon enough for me.

S.

Saw an insulated Otter at Cabelas this evening.

Can't remember name of model but it was freaking large. I could stand up in middle and you could probably use 4' rods in there without banging the roof or walls.

Probably the resort XT. I am looking at a lodge, or possibly the resort if the price is right. Go big or go home I suppose.

S

People go ice fishing because the dam lakes freeze over not because you need ice to catch fish. lol Year round open water suits me fine. I lived north of "Buried", Ont for years and just don't miss the long winters.

Ice and snow gives me the opportunity to fish lakes that are fly in access only during the open water season. ;)