Wow......Just Wow

FloatnFly

I would have clubbed the fish so it wouldn't matter if they throw it back.

I'd also download the video if this happened here and contact OPP/MNR.

I save this on my phone for times like this:

Fish & Wildlife Act 1997

Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing

13. (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;

B) placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or

c) engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

Notice without authority

(2) A person shall not purport to give notice that entry to premises is prohibited for the purpose of hunting or fishing or that hunting or fishing is prohibited on premises unless the person has authority to give the notice. 1997, c. 41, s. 13.

Edited by Dutch01

I couldn't watch more than a minute as I could feel my blood pressure rising! The only thing that would have saved that self righteous penis from my full wrath was the fact that there were kids present. Had they not been there, my response to him would have been banned from bookface.

HH

It makes me sick that people are so misguided that they can't tell the difference between a person and an animal.

Reminds me of that person who was bringing stray dogs from India to Canada for adoption. Thousands of dollars and man hours put into their effort, but totally missed the mark. How many destitute children with empty bellies and no access to medical care did they walk past to get to the dogs? I applaud their passion for a cause, but all that effort and money could go to a much better use.

Edit - and that fisherman should have bonked that fish and not let it lie on the pavement like that. If you're keeping the fish just kill it or livewell/stringer it, make it a humane harvest.

Edited by Tom S

Wow. I watched the whole thing and felt my blood boiling. The guy throws the fish back into the water (he guy harassing the fishermen). One guy calls the cops. I hope the guy stuck around and was charged for what he did.

I honestly can't believe the nerve of some people.

The police statement:

When the officer arrived, the protesters were already getting in their cars. The primary concern for the officer was to restore the peace and the officer didnt witness any disorderly conduct or criminal activity. The officer documented the call as well as the names, addresses, and auto tag numbers of the principal protesters. Whether one agrees with the message or not, any group has a right to free speech in a public park. The officer acted appropriately under the circumstances.

So these people are going to keep doing this because they got away with it. Feel sorry for the guys who were fishing. They'll probably never go back there.

Edited by jeremy84

Only listened to a bit of it. Wow ain't the word. The 2 guys calm demeanour impressed me. Nothing worse than a Zealot no matter what the subject from religious to being a veterinarian, errr I mean vegetarian. I don't think I would have handled it as well. I only wish someone tries the same to me here at home, I wish. Where's a Cop when you need one? Especially a Cop that hunts and fishes. Here buddy read this on the way to being charged for interference and being a Goof. That poor kid, imagine being the son of that idiot.

Went back to try and listen to the entire thing, still couldn't finish. He must belong to same religious sect as my brother in law. His science tells him the earth is 3000 years old and the entire Adam and Eve story debunks the big bang nonsense. There is no way to reason with people of the same ilk. I tried for 23 years. For the last 2 years I just politely say hello and try and find somewhere else to sit or better yet don't go.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I've got 2 percent battery life on the iPad here, and no volume, so I only kind of saw the first minute but for what is worth, the world needs soft hearted peeps too. I'd never leave a fish to bounce around on the asphalt in front of kids I don't know. A lot of fisherman are just as crazed and belligerent as P3TA folk. I'll come back for the hate and to listen to the video once I got some headphones and battery juice.

I've got 2 percent battery life on the iPad here, and no volume, so I only kind of saw the first minute but for what is worth, the world needs soft hearted peeps too. I'd never leave a fish to bounce around on the asphalt in front of kids I don't know. A lot of fisherman are just as crazed and belligerent as P3TA folk. I'll come back for the hate and to listen to the video once I got some headphones and battery juice.

Weeds man, you gotta watch with the volume on.

I do agree that the fish flopping around was a little harsh but the guy explained he was waiting for someone to come back with a bucket. Maybe just a line but I'm not sure what else he could have done.

yea, you really gotta watch with the volume on to get full brunt of it. yea, the maybe could have been in a bucket, or on a stringer, or dispatched right away, still not an excuse for what these people did to those fisherman