Who to trust with weather?

Tjames09

WUnderground seems to be somewhat unreliable lately. A few times ive used it and its been really wrong, sometimes for good sometimes not. It missed a massive storm that ripped through the other weekend. And it was way off on rain for this weekend.

Anyone else?

Environment Canada and the weather network and then sailflow thrown in when I'm on the water.

I find that some people have very little understanding of what they are being shown, or don't understand that the farther ahead you are looking in higher the likelihood that the forecast might be "wrong". Anything beyond a day of 2 and the probability really drops unless the systems are stable. Another issue a buddy ran into was his phone giving him a forecast for a city that was nowhere near where he was.

It's weather, we love to complain about it and it's one of the things that transcends demographics.

WUnderground seems to be somewhat unreliable lately. A few times ive used it and its been really wrong, sometimes for good sometimes not. It missed a massive storm that ripped through the other weekend. And it was way off on rain for this weekend.

Anyone else?

It was my go to, but this weekend, it really missed the mark. Called for SW and got dealt NW Saturday. Sunday was to be 3-6 km NW, arrived to white caps Sunday. Today was to be nil and well, it was from the west,then north, then south. All with in 4 hours.

Im not complaining, as I still find a way and spot to get out fishing.

They seem to add thunder storms to everyday. Not just them,but every radio station it seems. Covering their ass? LOL

WU was my go to for years. In my area it's very accurate. Then last year it went to complete crap for some reason? It was waaaày off daily and I deleted it.

About 6 months ago I downloaded it again and it's on the mark like it was before?

Weird, but im happy it's working again

It was my go to, but this weekend, it really missed the mark. Called for SW and got dealt NW Saturday. Sunday was to be 3-6 km NW, arrived to white caps Sunday. Today was to be nil and well, it was from the west,then north, then south. All with in 4 hours.

Im not complaining, as I still find a way and spot to get out fishing.

They seem to add thunder storms to everyday. Not just them,but every radio station it seems. Covering their ass? LOL

This is what Ive been finding. Im less concerned if its 22 or 24 degrees outside. Im more concerned with wind, and its been really off. Last weekend was calling for low teens and when we went out a massive storm with sideways wind pulled through and white cap waves. Needless to say it was more than low teens wind, it was high 20s if not more.

WU sure nailed it last night, right down to the minute!

Holy hell that was a gnarly storm. I got 3 trees in the yard struck by lightning! Thankfully they didn't fall on the camper or she'd

Im not sure if I've ever seen that much lightening?

Sinker, I bet ya got quite the show on LOTWs last night!!!!

Edited by manitoubass2