Tires- NF- 20" rim size. Price? Wow!

Bill Shearer

I am leasing this Ford Edge, and the lease is up in a year. I'm going to be over the KM allotment, and It's going to need tires before I turn it in, so I might as well get the best of the tires through the winter. I just found out that 20" tires are not reasonably priced! I've shopped Costco for Michelins, and Can Tire, (all brands) and also Beverly Tire for Goodyears, and Yokohama. Seems that $1250+- $50 is what I will be paying. Anybody have any suggestions to save $50-$100?

I just put 20" Michelin Defenders on my F150 and the total price including road hazard and taxes from Kal Tire was $1193 and they're the best tires I've ever driven on.

Edited by lew

Yup, that bigger hole in the middle does jack up the price!

I think the used tire suggestion by Tom and Kijiji by huzsba are your two best bets. Also, there's a lot (growing every day it seems) of Facebook buy & sell groups that I've even had some success with.

Michael

I am leasing this Ford Edge, and the lease is up in a year. I'm going to be over the KM allotment, and It's going to need tires before I turn it in, so I might as well get the best of the tires through the winter. I just found out that 20" tires are not reasonably priced! I've shopped Costco for Michelins, and Can Tire, (all brands) and also Beverly Tire for Goodyears, and Yokohama. Seems that $1250+- $50 is what I will be paying. Anybody have any suggestions to save $50-$100?

PM Sent

without clicking the thread I knew tires of that size are $300 per tire. Thats normal and standard pricing.

Best bet for cheap tires is Kijiji. There's no "magic" deal from retailers, they will all be within a few dollars of one another, unless you go for an off brand tire.

Many thanks to all who had input to offer. I got a return response from John right away, and have to say I'm pleased with his offer. Saved me quite a bit over Costco, and dealers in Hamilton.

Like the old add says, "It's worth the drive to Milton."

Tires go on the car Thursday!

Best advice, find a tire guy that would sell you Chinese tires. They have HORRID road noise but they are cheap. Past that buy good used ones. That price you got isn't crazy either. Look for rebate deals too.

I buying tires is part of my job, albeit for truck tires but the ideas are the same. I can try and see what I can get you prices for. PM me with size and details.

Best advice, find a tire guy that would sell you Chinese tires. They have HORRID road noise but they are cheap.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's just me, but in my opinion tires are one of the most important parts of a car for keeping me and mine safe and I'll ALWAYS buy the best I can get.

I could NEVER understand why anyone would cheap out on something as important as tires.

As I said though, maybe it's just me.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's just me, but in my opinion tires are one of the most important parts of a car for keeping me and mine safe and I'll ALWAYS buy the best I can get.

I could NEVER understand why anyone would cheap out on something as important as tires.

As I said though, maybe it's just me.

If your lease is just about up and you have to turn the car in, cheap is good. ;)