Tires- NF- 20" rim size. Price? Wow!

Bill Shearer

If your lease is just about up and you have to turn the car in, cheap is good. ;)

Guess I should have explained better but I wasn't referring to the original post but just buying tires in general when I suggested buying good ones rather than cheap.

Obviously if they're just to get a car to the end of a lease cheaper will do the trick.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's just me, but in my opinion tires are one of the most important parts of a car for keeping me and mine safe and I'll ALWAYS buy the best I can get.

I could NEVER understand why anyone would cheap out on something as important as tires.

As I said though, maybe it's just me.

I agree 100%. The only part of your vehicle that touches the road.

S.

If the tires are still good enough to turn in then maybe buy a set of 18" winter rims and put what you want on them, winter, all season, whatever. Drive them till the lease is done, turn it in with the worn but still legal tires and make sure the next lease will take the winter rims and tires you bought

PS Read your lease carefully..I was about to go over KM on my leaser and wanted to know how much it was going to cost me...the spot where its supposed to say 5 or 10 cents per km says N/A.......booonus...somebody messed up when typing it

Edited by Dara

Guess I should have explained better but I wasn't referring to the original post but just buying tires in general when I suggested buying good ones rather than cheap.

Obviously if they're just to get a car to the end of a lease cheaper will do the trick.

Funny thing about the ones I got Lew, Beverly tire wanted $75 more then what Im paying for the same tires. I bought the same ones I had for my Avenger when I had it. Salius directional snow tires. I reallyu liked them on the Avenger. So really if I bought from a name store, im up to

$900+. No disrespect to John here, what is the mark up on these things? Im getting them for $150 each, instead of $225. And yes, they are matched tires 2016.

Why in the heck would someone purchase the best tire available (expensive tires) for a vehicle you are going to be turning in soon. When you purchase said vehicle, I highly doubt you got the best tires available at that time, but rather the most economical tires they could fit on said vehicle.

Funny thing about the ones I got Lew, Beverly tire wanted $75 more then what Im paying for the same tires. I bought the same ones I had for my Avenger when I had it. Salius directional snow tires. I reallyu liked them on the Avenger. So really if I bought from a name store, im up to

$900+. No disrespect to John here, what is the mark up on these things? Im getting them for $150 each, instead of $225. And yes, they are matched tires 2016.

When.I left the rubber industry it was down to about 17% profit on a retail tire sale on.brand.name tires. Off.shore.no name stuff was 25 28% for the.most part

Next time you are down this way Brian stop in for lunch and I will show you the mark up on tires. At tis time of year 10% is big money LOL.

Next time you are down this way Brian stop in for lunch and I will show you the mark up on tires. At tis time of year 10% is big money LOL.

In the 30 plus years that I've been running my shop; I don't think I've ever sold a tire at manufacturers suggested list price.

I've quoted it a few times, when I didn't want to sell tires to certain people. Anyone who deals in sales & service know the people I'm talking about. No matter what you do for them it's never good enough.

Dan.