Fishing forums that appreciate a fishing report?

manitoubass2

See, now look at all the replies you are getting to this thread :whistling:

At least its bringing forth some discussion, thats not a bad thing imo

Im at the river taking a quick break. I just wanna add hiw much I hate mono!

I got spooled by a sturgeon last night and had mono laying around so I spooled it up for today.

Big mistake! Shoulda made the hour drive to get some nanofil or PP

Having been around this place for a bit, I'll add my 2 cents.

If you are expecting folks to chime in on your report, regardless of what it contains, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. No one here owes you anything. No one has forced anyone to submit a post and no one should expect anything back, that's the way of message boards.

If you need social reassurance for your social networking presence, go to face book. That's what it's for.

I am not saying don't post here or don't do a report, but complaining about not getting warm and fuzzies back from the community for your efforts in posting seems a little juvenile. You put it up on your own free will and people will either read it and comment or they won't. Expect nothing and at worst, that's what you will get.

HH

I don't think anybody is looking for social reassurance. Do you enjoy reading fishing reports that were written with thought and care? I do, and I remember when this board was full of them and the conversations were plentiful. I do believe that a lot of the more diehard anglers that posted a lot of fishing content have long since left, due to the endless nasty bickering in the political and other NF threads, and how the fishing content is secondary to everything else.

A few years ago if you were to come on here a day or two after a long weekend the front page would be brimming with awesome stories and photos from everyones adventures, nowadays you're lucky to see one, more than likely none. I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging that fact.

I don't think anybody is looking for social reassurance. Do you enjoy reading fishing reports that were written with thought and care? I do, and I remember when this board was full of them and the conversations were plentiful. I do believe that a lot of the more diehard anglers that posted a lot of fishing content have long since left, due to the endless nasty bickering in the political and other NF threads, and how the fishing content is secondary to everything else.

A few years ago if you were to come on here a day or two after a long weekend the front page would be brimming with awesome stories and photos from everyones adventures, nowadays you're lucky to see one, more than likely none. I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging that fact.

Ive already received some PMs basically reiterating this...

When I first joined it was rediculous how many reports there were on a daily basis. It was awesome to read all the journies and enjoy the pics. Then one year winternet was mentioned and its like it never left

Im just gonna take it personally, and since I fish alot, ill keep flooding the site with reports?

Edited by manitoubass2

got the boys fired up...i hope someone gets out fishing because of this

Grimsby lets see some fish

I dont think you got them fired up, I think you might of just got them to go else where, or not to post.

I get your excitment, but a little respect, goes along way.

Your 100% pass comment, was not RESPECT.

My report this weekend, was of a great man that once graced this board. I dont post for recognition. Also my spelling and grammer sucks for those that wish to read, HIGH quality written reports Other then that, I will be very selective on my future posts here. It,s the way it is.

No disrespect to OP here.

There seems to be a fair bit of misunderstanding going on here. I really don't understand what was meant by that 100% comment???

Seems like a misunderstanding to me as well. I don't see the disrespect in giving the old-timers a pass on having to go fishing and posting reports?

Is it disrespectful to help an old lady cross the street?

Seems like a misunderstanding to me as well. I don't see the disrespect in giving the old-timers a pass on having to go fishing and posting reports?

Is it disrespectful to help an old lady cross the street?

It,s the comment

i dont expect you guys to be out like me and pete were in 4 foot chop throwing bulldawgz

I know a few of us that could go, toe to toe in this matter. LOL

BTW, Did we miss this fishing report?

Edited by Brian B

I'll take the pass. I would give almost anything to be able to fish as much as I did just 10 years ago. Getting in and out of a boat has become a challenge let alone fishing a majestic stream on a beautiful Fall day like today. 1 day on the water means 3 days of icing body parts, and that's from the nice comfortable big boat. It's sucks.

Once again, if you are an old timer you have a 100% pass,

I'm not defending, just trying to make sense of this.

I think in the wrong way, he's trying to say that some of the older members that have aches and pains and can no longer walk the rivers for miles or be in a boat with 4 footers pounding; have his pass on not posting new reports.

If so then I'm one of the "old timer"s

Dan.

got the boys fired up...i hope someone gets out fishing because of this

Grimsby lets see some fish

Lol omg no you didn't. I've seen the quality of fish that grim produces..

And I know a ton of "old dawgs" as you'd say who can last out there way longer than me.

I'm sure you didn't mean what you said though, it must have come out completely wrong....

Edited by buick14

I think in the wrong way, he's trying to say that some of the older members that have aches and pains and can no longer walk the rivers for miles or be in a boat with 4 footers pounding; have his pass on not posting new reports.

Dan.

I,ll buy that Dan. IF, thats what it was meant to be. I know just as well as others, what one thinks and types, comes accross different. Been there. LOL

Edited by Brian B

My first mate on my 28ft Marinette is 68 years old and so far we have not come in because of him needing too. He is an amazing man and a great friend.

Art

???

Frig my dad is 60 and still carries the boat motor and gas tank portaging.

Hes got a bit of a bad back and knee but yad never know it!

Works like a horse too!

Dan.

I too read the 100% pass in the same manner.

I also had a side thought that without all the post the longer standing members did in the past is why the board is still here...

I never look at a person't post count to judge one on "if they know what they are talking about" because after all, if Rolland Martin was to join today he'd be at a zero post count and we know he can fish... Post count means zero to skill...

Chris, if you aren't out in 4ft waves tossing bulldawgs, you're a pussycat. :) I get why people took his comments the wrong way but I doubt they came out the way he intended them to.

I was out last week on Gaby trolling for steel. Had a great day, no report, just didn't feel like sharing. Will probably be back out in the next week before they're up the rivers.

Like I said, I have been here a long time. I have seen the board being full of reports and I to, took part in the fun.

As this board has become the go to site for people looking for free information, mostly "guests", many have stopped putting up reports. Giving away free information to those unwilling to put the work in to develop their own hows and whys, has scared many off posting reports in areas that are within easy driving of populated areas. We have some members who little to no worries about this, as they live in out of the way places and have virtually no fishing pressure, in comparison to those who live in the more populated areas.

Add to the fact that many of us, who have been here a long time, have been there and done that.

Rolling around in four footers was something some of us were doing, when others were still in public school. I have already worn out the tee shirt and sweatpants I got for doing that for years.

Back to the point of the OP... this board is a community, who's binding force is fishing. A long time ago, it was decided that in order to keep the board alive and viable, and given the propensity of board members to utilize the depth of knowledge and experience of it's members, we would evolve into a community and have discussions, like a community.

Many of us have kids, jobs, you name it, that take from us the one thing we can't buy or manufacture, time. When I first joined here, well before the invention of dirt, I had virtually zero obligations to my time. Well, time has changed that and I am lucky, for now, to be able to get out when I can. As far as I can tell, that doesn't diminish my membership here, nor should it put me or any other member, in a position to be scolded by the community or just some members who are in different places in their life.

MB2, I was not calling you out for whining, not my intention. My intention was to point out that you may have expectations that simply can't be met in a public forum such as this. That's what facebook is for.

HH

To clarify

Some people took things out of context...(bound to happen when there is a lack of tone) by my statement, I am calling out every able body on this forum to get out fishing...

I have had conversations with some of the legends around here who are physically incapable of fishing due to age/disability. Hence they 100% get a pass from me because I can tell by the conversations I have had with them, the fact that they cant get out and fish is excruciating to them. I couldnt imagine...

All I have to do is look at my main fishing partner, my very own father...There is no way in hell that he is physically capable of going out in a four foot chop to toss musky baits. Hence, I would never call him out for not fishing.

Irish - my boat is in Pointe Au Baril...ive seen the 12 footers

Brian - as per my most recent report http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82786&hl=%2Byear+%2Breview

I cant post every time I go fishing or id be posting multiple times per week. I also dont want to bore everyone with 100 photos of 3lb smallies. I try to post photos of PB's, master anglers, first time catches or any musky over 40. However I have a 9 day trip commencing Friday and the intention was to post a report summarizing from the end of July to the middle of November upon my return so stay tuned.

so to summarize, if you are able bodied, get fishing...and send us some pictures.

Edited by AKRISONER