What would you do if you won the lottery? Maybe NF

I had a young waitress that worked for me years ago win 35 million on Lotto Max a few years back. She was a wonderful person and she was on disability when she won in Hamilton due to her bad knees from slinging Beer for years.

I always wondered what I would do with all that money. After taking care of family and friends `I guess I would go fishing with Moosebunk or many here if they would have me along. Heck with that much coin I could have a building or Hospital ward with my name on it, Old Ironmaker's Physiological Wing for Old Steelworkers. I'd make Spiel CEO and M2B2 head chef.

What would you do with all those many millions if it came along?

The main reason I posted this is that I won the Lottery yesterday. 4 1/2 year check up for Bladder Cancer. I won. Piss in razor blades today, but who cares, not I, Bull it hurts.

I was planning on going out on the lake Friday and it seems I can not find my bag of electronics. My Garmin sonar, Hummigbird combo and stereo face plate and was freaking out. Big flippin' deal. On the plus side maybe I can up grade to a bigger screen!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

So many places to fish so little time. I'd fish/hunt my way from one end of this country to the other and then go top to bottom doing the same. During those travels I'd look for the perfect place to build a home to fish and hunt. On those rare times I wasn't fishing or hunting I'd travel the world.

The main reason I posted this is that I won the Lottery yesterday. 4 1/2 year check up for Bladder Cancer. I won.

As in, you're clear? Or are you being sarcastic about bad news? Congrats if the first, good vibes flying your way if the latter.

I've often thought about it. First thing would be to divide it into 5 equal amounts; one for me, one for my wife, and one for each of our three children. From my share I would give a significant portion to my brother and sister. Then I would start some serious industrial-strength relaxing.

Travel? Definitely. I would love to retrace Darwin's voyage on the Beagle, and perhaps take a camera crew and have it broadcast live. Next, Australia and New Zealand would receive extensive nature study and pub crawling. Then the British Isles from top to bottom, east to west. That small area has an incredible mix of geological structure. And pubs. Oh, and the Whisky Trail in Scotland.

Canada would not be missed. A lazy boat trip along the Trent-Severn from end to end, the Rideau, and all around the Great Lakes. lots of interesting small towns to experience. And pubs.

Newfoundland, always wanted to see L'Anse aux Meadows, the Viking settlement. And I hear there are some great pubs.

Lots of plans, lots of plans... But no money. :wallbash:

As in, you're clear? Or are you being sarcastic about bad news? Congrats if the first, good vibes flying your way if the latter.

I've often thought about it. First thing would be to divide it into 5 equal amounts; one for me, one for my wife, and one for each of our three children. From my share I would give a significant portion to my brother and sister. Then I would start some serious industrial-strength relaxing.

Travel? Definitely. I would love to retrace Darwin's voyage on the Beagle, and perhaps take a camera crew and have it broadcast live. Next, Australia and New Zealand would receive extensive nature study and pub crawling. Then the British Isles from top to bottom, east to west. That small area has an incredible mix of geological structure. And pubs. Oh, and the Whisky Trail in Scotland.

Canada would not be missed. A lazy boat trip along the Trent-Severn from end to end, the Rideau, and all around the Great Lakes. lots of interesting small towns to experience. And pubs.

Newfoundland, always wanted to see L'Anse aux Meadows, the Viking settlement. And I hear there are some great pubs.

Born and raised in lanse aux meadows. If your ever going, get in touch. My old man likes to entertain "mainlanders'. I leave july 19th for 3 weeks.

I wouldn't need to hit the big one, just one the million dollar prizes would be nice, buy myself a nice home with a long driveway out of the city where its cheaper. buy myself a nice 24ft boat to fish Lake O with, and maybe a small tinner for small lakes. I already own a truck, so wouldn't need to buy anything to tow with. the rest, put away for retirement

I always wondered what I would do with all that money. After taking care of family and friends `I guess I would go fishing with Moosebunk or many here if they would have me along.

Don't need the lotto, just need the gas money to get up to Ottawa John.

While driving with my youngest the other day she asked the same question. Needing to be the responsible parent I explained investing... interest... credit and potential. Hoping of course that she (like her sister) would begin the think about savings as, she is the quick spender of the two. If I won the Lotto I know a small percentage would be spent from the start, but otherwise it would be invested wisely, as that's what has really helped our family along since Bren and I started doing the same in my mid 20's.

No I'm being serious for once. All clear but for some scaring from the original tumour. For anyone that has never has a cystoscopy picture this. Take a dull fillet knife and insert it into the urethra, then give it a good jab into the Bladder, then twist 360 degrees for 5 minutes. Then piss razor blades for a few days. Quit smoking now,

Don't need the lotto, just need the gas money to get up to Ottawa John.

While driving with my youngest the other day she asked the same question. Needing to be the responsible parent I explained investing... interest... credit and potential. Hoping of course that she (like her sister) would begin the think about savings as, she is the quick spender of the two. If I won the Lotto I know a small percentage would be spent from the start, but otherwise it would be invested wisely, as that's what has really helped our family along since Bren and I started doing the same in my mid 20's.

That's the smart thing to do with coin. Those kids have a leg up with you guiding them. We had a place south of Pembroke on the Ottawa Westmeath, actually north looking on a map, a special place in this world let alone Canada.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

And I hear there are some great pubs.

LoL on the whole post. And yeah sounds like a heck of a time.

I'd have to say I'd invest a rather large amount in both my kids names and they cannot touch it till a higher education has been completed (so say by 25 yrs old?). If said investments paid off they would have more then ever needed but there would be ground rules in place like 'must continue to work and not just spend the free cash till you're broke and then find a job'.

Then of course my parents would be set too. Let them tell me what they need as I'm SURE I COST A WHOLE LOT TO THEM growing up... ;)

Then I find some me time, maybe the pub? :D HA! Travel across Canada 1st and foremost to keep the money I spend and share here. That would be a year long trip only. I've been where I want to travel mostly other then 2 places. England and Ireland. I'd be booking to go there for a bit and play some golf at the historical courses, have a beer in said pub on site and then go fishing there (in said pub and out of the pub if you get my point).

Then to invest more for me, like maybe a few investment homes around the GTA and in the 705. Find a cottage for me and the kids and get a new Ranger with all the toys.

I know all that is a dream as I just don't have the luck to win... Oh and I'd need to start and buy a ticket to play too!

I'd have to say I'd invest a rather large amount in both my kids names and they cannot touch it till a higher education has been completed (so say by 25 yrs old?). If said investments paid off they would have more then ever needed but there would be ground rules in place like 'must continue to work and not just spend the free cash till you're broke and then find a job'.

I thought about that, but nixed it. The higher education would be nice, and I wouldn't object, but, so long as they appear to be handling the whole windfall idea with some maturity (they're all legal adults now) I would probably object to them getting a job. It sounds noble, at first, to tell them to get some experience in the working world, but there is one problem: They won't need one, and some other poor slob will. I am assuming, of course, that the win would be enough to set them up for life. Let's say it was the $60 million biggie, that would make their share $12 million. Heck, you could bank that and live off the interest quite comfortably. Wise investing could give them a crapload more, so that when inflation inevitably eats into it, they would still be set.

If I won the lottery, I would be worried that I'd stop doing small things I like doing, such as maple syrup. Or maybe I'd buy the biggest, baddest evaporator and have crazy maple syrup parties and paying bands like Wintersleep to play live in my custom sugar shack while I feed everyone maple-brewed beer.

If I won the biggie (50+), I would give away about 7 million to those that have always reached out to help me in my hour of need in the past. Yes I have a list.

I would give 20 Million to the Shriner's hospital. They help all at no cost to the patients or family. They operate on donations .

I'd set up a trust fund of 10 million each for both of my children

That would leave me 3 million to do what ever I want. That's still a lot of money. Maybe get a new truck and fish everyday like I used to when I was single.