Ontario Liberal budget

Canuck

Wow. To all of those that voted back in the Wynne liberals. You got what you deserve. To all the students that seem to vote liberal for some reason, that tuition credit elimination is going to limit how much your parents can pay for your education ( or you, if you pay for it yourself). You got what you deserve. To all of you who thought "hey we don't pay enough to LCBO for taxes to give to Kathleen." You got what you deserve.

All to help pay for the fiscal mismanagement of the liberals.

In case you didn't figure it out, I did not vote liberal.

Edited by Canuck

If you are a senior, bend over, because its going to hurt!!

ODB deductible increased by $70.00, dispensing fees also going up.

Other tax increases are for all Ontario residents,

If you smoke, $3.00 tax increase on a carton,

If you drink, its going to cost you more.

Possible Toll Lanes on QEW between Oakville and Burlington.

The list is long and painful.

Kathleen and her gang are up to no good.

If you are a senior, bend over, because its going to hurt!!

ODB deductible increased by $70.00, dispensing fees also going up.

Other tax increases are for all Ontario residents,

If you smoke, $3.00 tax increase on a carton,

If you drink, its going to cost you more.

Possible Toll Lanes on QEW between Oakville and Burlington.

The list is long and painful.

Kathleen and her gang are up to no good.

Crap...this all works for me right now :clapping::clapping:

What's so funny? Drifter doesn't live here any longer. But he pays a buck each for an egg and has 15 minutes of summer to enjoy.

I didn't vote for Wynne but someone did. If we want good, very good paved roads to God forsaken places in this province like Rainy River someone is going to pay for it. If anyone has ever driven on thruways in places like NY that will knock the headlights out of your vehicle you wouldn't complain as much. And they have to pay a toll too! Has there been a total waste of taxes, darn right there has but you don't know how great you have it until you venture out in the world, or leave the province of Ontario at least. People tend to forget Rea Days or Mike Harris, you think it was any better then, not.

What's so funny? Drifter doesn't live here any longer. But he pays a buck each for an egg and has 15 minutes of summer to enjoy.

I didn't vote for Wynne but someone did. If we want good, very good paved roads to God forsaken places in this province like Rainy River someone is going to pay for it. If anyone has ever driven on thruways in places like NY that will knock the headlights out of your vehicle you wouldn't complain as much. And they have to pay a toll too! Has there been a total waste of taxes, darn right there has but you don't know how great you have it until you venture out in the world, or leave the province of Ontario at least. People tend to forget Rea Days or Mike Harris, you think it was any better then, not.

Hey thats a low blow!

And rainy river has like 10 roads and they all suck lol

Google earth it its just a little circle of country roards

Edited by manitoubass2

For anyone in Northern Ontario who is interested, there is another attempt at creating a Northern Ontario-specific province/political party. Take a look. (I know this change.org site is rather irritating, but it's the only place I'm aware of with the N.Ont stuff right now)

https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-kathleen-wynne-northern-ontario-mayors-northern-ontario-peoples-petition-to-create-the-province-of-northern-ontario

For anyone in Northern Ontario who is interested, there is another attempt at creating a Northern Ontario-specific province/political party. Take a look. (I know this change.org site is rather irritating, but it's the only place I'm aware of with the N.Ont stuff right now)

https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-kathleen-wynne-northern-ontario-mayors-northern-ontario-peoples-petition-to-create-the-province-of-northern-ontario

The "Province of Northern Ontario" wouldn't be able to fund itself. As much as everyone dislikes Southern Ontario, that's where all your tax revenue comes from.

Carbon cap and trade is a MAJOR tax grab. Sure, (for those of you that think that companies are "the bad guys") the nasty carbon emitters will be the ones paying, but where do you think that money will come from? The oil companies and other companies will have to pass the carbon taxes on to customers (that's all of us) or go out of business.

Liberal taxes in the form of carbon credits will be $1.9 BILLION next year and that INCREASES as the limits get reduced. And what are they going to spend it on? More "green" initiatives that are pushing Ontario electricity rates up vastly higher than they need to be. And the profits from those green initiatives are going to the foreign companies that own those wind and solar farms. So they are going to increase our taxes to help pay for increasing our cost of electricity yet again.

Gas prices will increase (estimate of 4.3 cents/litre next year alone). Some other industries will simply vanish. We won't be making steel in Ontario anymore (maybe that has happened already). You can argue that is good or bad, but the jobs will go with them. What is the "cost" of lost jobs.

OMG, I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us next.

I guess next year Kathleen will be encouraging us all to "Chill man. Go down to the LCBO and score a blunt and it will all be irie." So the naive will get their soft warm buzz and vote Liberal again next time.

Quote on the cap and trade;

Sousa defended increased costs from cap and trade.

"We can all of us have a choice," he said. "We can turn our back and let the low-carbon economy go by, it will cost us even more, or we can embrace it and find innovations in the system to enable us to succeed and compete."

The carbon-pricing scheme is now projected to generate $1.9 billion in revenue next year, up from $1.3 billion estimated a few months ago, based on a price of about $18 per tonne.

The cap is expected to decline 4.17 per cent each year to 2020, putting increasing pressure on industry to meet emissions targets, and, critics say, increasing costs to consumers.

Revenue from cap and trade will be dedicated to green initiatives, the government says, but the Opposition believes it will be used to fund the Liberals' political whims.