Instant relief to my withdrawal symptoms!

NAW

I've been checking the ice in this spot for weeks now. 5 weeks later this year than last.... I was getting very punchy to say the least!!

But, I had some instant relief today!!

4" of solid black ice this morning!. Pick my favorite little spot, in the right place. Dropped my line down, and got bit right away. The action stayed steady for about an hour. We iced 12 good keepers. But then the bite died and we caught 5 bass in a row. So we moved, and caught 5 more crappie right away. All in 22 FOW.

I have to make this report short, because I need to go pick up the tots from day care.

We ended the day with 15 keepers. Going to have a good old family fish fry tonight!!!! No tanks, but lots of 9-10" Caught about 30 fish. It was a great 2.5 hours on the ice!

Brian lent me his Quickfish 2 to test out. Good thing, because my girlfriend worked a night shift last night, and was fishing on about 15 minutes of sleep. She was very tired, so she got cold, fast. The hut was great! Hey, Brian, I'll drop the money off early next week!!!

I'll let the pics to the rest of the talking.

Thanks for reading.

DSC_16541_zpsmgrflxin.jpg

DSC_16531_zps2utzr5ls.jpg

DSC_1658_zps935ooobr.jpg

Poor Sam isn't quite ready to bait a minnow on to a hook yet. She tried!! But had to do the walk of shame over to me to get me to bait her hook! Hahaha.. I told her to look defeated for the picture..

DSC_1661_zpsxzybtnfn.jpg

Found out I can jam my phone between the pole and the material, and it sticks in there good! Who needs a camera man eh!

DSC_1665_zps0zkfkg75.jpg

DSC_1666_zpsbwr61eur.jpg

DSC_1668_zpscj98hcpa.jpg

DSC_1671_zpszaabfou9.jpg

The sleigh fits perfect in the back the Pilot!

DSC_1672_zpsolgawh5z.jpg

Quiet drive home

DSC_1674_zpshhb5z673.jpg

Yum!!

DSC_1675_zpsf9vxkywy.jpg

Edited by N.A.W

Sam and Nicky,fishing in the hub, F I S H I N G :lol::D:P:good:

Glad your day worked out Nick. I was wondering why the pressure to get the hub yesterday.LOL

Edit to add

You might want to remove that tracking devise that fisherman attached to it last year. :tease:

Edited by Brian B

Sam and Nicky,fishing in the hub, F I S H I N G :lol::D:P:good:

Glad your day worked out Nick. I was wondering why the pressure to get the hub yesterday.LOL

Edit to add

You might want to remove that tracking devise that fisherman attached to it last year. :tease:

Ha, and I know where you live too :devil:

Don't worry Brian. I gave the hub a thorough pat down.!

The kids devoured the crappie. I cooked a pizza as well, because the 8 year old doesn't like fresh fish... And we ended with like half a pizza left over and hardly any fish. Still have a bunch in the fridge to freeze.

Nice haul of crappies , way to go .

That ice looks good and solid .

It was solid. It's gunna need a few days after this weekend though!

Picture #2 and #5 are what it's all about Nick. Picture #4 just made me smile. Glad you all enjoyed the fish fry and thx for sharing

Thanks! Ya, the two of us love getting out fishing together.

Nice job Nick! Your pix are awesome! Photo #5? I'm not sure what I'm looking at? Is it a chunk of ice?, Piece of plastic??

If we are talking about the same picture, it's a big chunk of ice

4" of ice...lets hope it stays!

Nothing like some Pabst & crapst

I'm not a regular Pabst guy. But for some reason I got the urge!