Nominations for "Best Thread Of The Year 2015"

Old Ironmaker

Enjoy it all for what it is, picking favourites brings back bad memories of public school, gym class and picking teams.

Only fun Wayne,don't read into it to much.Everyone has great input,including you,I think It's the what we most can't do is what intrigues us :) .Maybe I am wrong? :( .

I think fisherpete LOTW 2015 was awesome as it bought fish back to the site instead of loads of other topics.

This site has always been about loads of topics other than fishing and is what keeps this place so interesting and has always been the norm.

Lol

Its just fun to do, nothing more nothing less.

I can only think of 2 people that have issues on this board.

We all love all the posts etc. Thats why we are here

Who are you accusing of having issues there, pal !? :tease:

Yea for someone that doesn't like talking on the phone I sure can kill batteries eh boys?

What da ya mean Rusty?

As far as choosing a "best", there are winner here but no losers.

I just watched to my amazement some guy go by parachute surfing. There are 3 foot ice cycles forming on the breakwall railings. I remember doing crazy stuff the last century too. Our New Year tradition was to ski down the Hamilton Mountain then a visit to General or St. Joes hospital.

bunks guide story was pretty friggin awesome. The cabin construction thread seems to have gotten lost on me but i was loving reading about him using a water level for his posts and drilling the rock, that was sweet.

Nicest board member

Fisherpete (one of the nicest guys ive ever met in my entire life not even kidding)

People id like to meet

Bill

Manitou

Bunk

Chris Brock

-Oddest forum related thing in my year, i met a member this summer and he posts all the time, but Im like 90% sure he has no idea that it was me who he met lol.

Worst thread

all of the politically fueled ones. Lots of good old boys showing their real colours...i guess fishing has some redneck undertones so its not surprising...racism, hate, all show their ugly heads...

Edited by AKRISONER

I'm biased but I like Borger's Mojikit report because there was lots of non fish pics and dialogue that told the tale of the week up there and what it was like. I re-read that one once in a while.

Bunk's guiding at Plummers was a great read.

Still gotta love the simple, small time, blue collar fish reports. Better than a political horse dump any day IMO. Hopefully more of these in 2016.

edit

It's very difficult to pick favorites on this board. everyone's contributions are valuable.
I'm just gonna say I like the whole board. I hope it never changes.

Thanks to everyone for making it what it is!
Steelhead sphycho!
Amen man! Well said.
Edited by chris.brock

Still gotta love the simple, small time, blue collar fish reports. Better than a political horse dump any day IMO. Hopefully more of these in 2016.

Amen! Less and less of these over the years unfortunately. Seems most people here talk fishing more than they actually fish and the few that do fish don't post anything. I think most of the blue collar daytrip guys that fish a lot and wanted to talk fishing have left OFC due to the vast majority of the forum being off-topic.

Amen! Less and less of these over the years unfortunately. Seems most people here talk fishing more than they actually fish and the few that do fish don't post anything. I think most of the blue collar daytrip guys that fish a lot and wanted to talk fishing have left OFC due to the vast majority of the forum being off-topic.

I dont think the blue collar guys have left, they just see the pressure on their local waters, so keep things tight lipped.

Myself, I like the off topic stuff. Lots to learn, and I have already learned tons from reading this board.

That said, I havent posted a report for ages. Not sure why, I just dont see the need to anymore.

Ive met a lot of good people here, and enjoy reading all the posts, and reports. Its quite a diverse group, with a ton of knowledge. I would rather share knowledge, than photos of my ugly mug holding a fish.

All that said, there are some killer reports, and I read them all!!

S.

I dont think the blue collar guys have left, they just see the pressure on their local waters, so keep things tight lipped.

Myself, I like the off topic stuff. Lots to learn, and I have already learned tons from reading this board.

That said, I havent posted a report for ages. Not sure why, I just dont see the need to anymore.

Ive met a lot of good people here, and enjoy reading all the posts, and reports. Its quite a diverse group, with a ton of knowledge. I would rather share knowledge, than photos of my ugly mug holding a fish.

All that said, there are some killer reports, and I read them all!!

S.

X2