Nominations for "Best Thread Of The Year 2015"

Old Ironmaker

im one of the few lucky guys here that fishes at least 30 weekends a year. I just dont have the time to post up a report after every trip, hence i post an annual report of our best catches, trust me sometimes i get the itch to tell you about something awesome thats happened, but then i think why waste one photo of a new species or personal best that i caught for a whole thread.

now i feel kinda guilty lol

I would vote for moosebunk

It's fishing related and posted for the love of fishing with no other agenda or profit

Okay Terry. Literally the only person on this board who your comment could possibly be directed at is me, so I'm going to respond.

To date I have made nothing, not one dime directly or indirectly related to my online reports which take on average 40-60 hours to construct and post. I still have a full time job and while I do have the ability to take time off I sure don't get 8-9 weeks of paid holiday a year. When I go on these trips I lose money. I've told my wife it's for a reason...that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and she's always supported me, but there's a limit. This is what I love and yes, I'm trying against all odds to make a living at it, so if you want to call that an agenda then so be it. I call it following my dream. I have been an active member of this board for a long time and would hope that some of the other long time members would cut me some slack and offer even a little support. Many do, and I thank those people profusely.

The magazine that I launched late last fall cost more than $50,000 to release without a single cent being recouped. I'm selling that issue for $5 and trust me no one is making a dime on that either. Believe me when I tell you I'm currently on the edge of a deep precipice, things could quite easily go either way. Comments like yours hurt considering the effort I'm giving here with zero money being made at least to date.

Back to the thread...Bunk's report on Great Slave was easily my personal favorite. Thoroughly enjoyed reading that one. :)

I wanna fish in the middle of nowhere with borger.

Fish lakers with drifter

Take one picture with moosebunk(preferably with gar)

Listen to music with akrisoner

Have a family camping trip with limeyangler

Hit a back lake with joeytier

Learn french from roy/randy from sturgeon

Smoke weed with gbaygiant

Go to a leafs/ottawa game with muskie matt

Icefish with a drill via you know who

Shoot guns with aplumma

Buy a camp with chris brock

Cook with spiel/aka shag

Go to vegas and or golf with GBW

Edited by manitoubass2

hmm. I enjoy them all. Mike Rousseau and Fisherpete put together some greats stories and fish; Joeytier has some great backwoods adventures, Brian is a constant with some great escapades - especially those spring laker days, Limey's are fun, although the fact he can catch better fish from his back yard than I can after driving 3.5 hours one way has been known to drive the envy scale up a bit, Mike B and Bunk are in a league of their own,and then are those guys who only post one or two a year, but they are really cool, Like AK. As long as it has fishing in, :clapping: I enjoy all them. Another man in a league of his own is Irish. I walked with him through his struggles and frustration, anger and sadness, I met the man and his wife, nicer, open folks you couldn't ask to meet. The sad end of that story this year was tough. I am still saddened by the fact I wasn't able to attend the funeral and say a final goodbye to Jen and personally show my support. To this day I see Jen, Wayne and Leah as an inspiration and role models on how to fight and never be beaten.

Overall its quite the collection 'round here. That being said I agree with Terry's swipe at those who show up to promote their fishing biz, but that is the extent of their participation, and Mike - just to be clear, you are not one of the shameless self promoters in my eyes. You give freely of your knowledge and participate in the community at large. Of course, at the same time, I gotta tell you, these trips you post are driving me crazy - I get one place off my list a year of spots I want to fish before I die,and you add 10 :whistling:

edit:

Ooops, and I meant to mention, Rodbender and Whitespinnerbait also gotta be included in any awesome post designations. These guys never fail to amaze with their camera skills

Edited by spincast

Fish lakers with drifter

Shoot guns with aplumma

Cook with spiel/aka shag

And I'd like to clip diaper coupons with you......

Fish lakers with drifter

Shoot guns with aplumma

Cook with spiel/aka shag

Hilarious Rick, lots of friendships and connections here on OFC.

I would vote for moosebunk

It's fishing related and posted for the love of fishing with no other agenda or profit

A good way to send a fun thread down the toilet.

Hopefully 2016 has more fish/ hunting/ outdoor activity reports and pics, less orating and snide remarks.

Just to keep the thread on track...

Im at work, slow day as usual at the mine.

Me and my coworker are sitting in the side by side talking smack and eating a load of pepperoni and havarti.

All the sudden my stomach is gurgling, like real bad quite quick.

Hurry to the washrooms! Its a 15 minute ride from where we are.

Get to the washroom and im about to burst.

Off comes the helly hanson gear and I lay my butt on the crapper.

I was in such a hurry, or I guess my bowels were, I didnt remove my boxers.

So yes, for the first time ever(aside from infancy) I bull myself. And I bull myself very badly.

Afterwords I felt dirtier than a amsterdam hooker.

"Hey boss, im heading home. I bull myself"

Saweet, great story to tell the boys! See ya tomorrow"!

Just to keep the thread on track...

Im at work, slow day as usual at the mine.

Me and my coworker are sitting in the side by side talking smack and eating a load of pepperoni and havarti.

All the sudden my stomach is gurgling, like real bad quite quick.

Hurry to the washrooms! Its a 15 minute ride from where we are.

Get to the washroom and im about to burst.

Off comes the helly hanson gear and I lay my butt on the crapper.

I was in such a hurry, or I guess my bowels were, I didnt remove my boxers.

So yes, for the first time ever(aside from infancy) I bull myself. And I bull myself very badly.

Afterwords I felt dirtier than a amsterdam hooker.

"Hey boss, im heading home. I bull myself"

Saweet, great story to tell the boys! See ya tomorrow"!

HOLY BULL!!

Been there..... My thoughts are with you!

I think a new favorite thread has emerged...

??????!!!

Edited by Steelheadphycho

Hey M2B2, why do you think they make leather seats in vehicles? It doesn't get any better as you have more birthdays. I didn't go anywhere without a change of pants, golf bag, boat, truck, car and don't forget the Charmin. I guess it all Depends. You think I'm kidding? It was a allergic reaction thing.

Hey M2B2, why do you think they make leather seats in vehicles? It doesn't get any better as you have more birthdays. I didn't go anywhere without a change of pants, golf bag, boat, truck, car and don't forget the Charmin. I guess it all Depends. You think I'm kidding? It was a allergic reaction thing.

Will you marry me?