Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary 2016

GBW

When I'm in an area that is new to me, I put a memo in my phone with the slot sizes and limits. Before the phone I'd type out the regs for an area or take the page(s) from the summery that I need; have them laminated and tossed in the boat.

Dan.

When I'm in an area that is new to me, I put a memo in my phone with the slot sizes and limits. Before the phone I'd type out the regs for an area or take the page(s) from the summery that I need; have them laminated and tossed in the boat.

why not just toss the whole book in your boat? that way you never have to worry about forgetting to bring it with you

i think in the past there was a notice of any changes...did any happen this year or am i missing something?

That all depends on where you are. This is why I tried to be helpful and post the whole thing. Some areas don't change but this way you can now look at it to confirm.

I only shared it because in the past people have posted things like "anyone have the new reg's because..." so there it is.

That all depends on where you are. This is why I tried to be helpful and post the whole thing. Some areas don't change but this way you can now look at it to confirm.

I only shared it because in the past people have posted things like "anyone have the new reg's because..." so there it is.

Wasn't mad at ya, just thought you had something in particular.

Many anglers are completely ignorant of seasons, species, and don't know how to interpret the regs. An example is the exceptions and how often anglers do not realize they have to check them for the FMZ they are fishing in. You have to pass a test to hunt Turkey's, are they more important than Steelhead? Muskie? Walleye?

Edited by Pigeontroller

Many anglers are completely ignorant of seasons, species, and don't know how to interpret the regs.

Hence the reason I posted the 2016 info. Let's not worry about a debate for this one as it's just an information sharing post for the new year...

Many anglers are completely ignorant of seasons, species, and don't know how to interpret the regs. An example is the exceptions and how often anglers do not realize they have to check them for the FMZ they are fishing in. You have to pass a test to hunt Turkey's, are they more important than Steelhead? Muskie? Walleye?

I have never pulled out the shotgun or bow to go fishing.....apples to oranges.

A test to fish? Riiiiiiiight!!

Next will be a test on musky release and proper tools to fish musky??? LOL

Thanks for sharing the regs....

S.

Those type of anglers really don't hurt anything.

They never catch Muskie or steelheads

They will be targeting sunfish from a dock with the kids or netting during a pink salmon run.

No need to burden us all with a test for something like them

Even guys that call themselves fisherman can't figure out the exceptions, how many threads have we had on here about that? lol! I usually have a PDF copy of all the zones I'm fishing on my phone, makes it easy (Although for the 4-5 zones I fish I've got them memorized (Not like I'm keeping a lot of fish anyhow)