Finally got my new f 150! Nf

Gallie

Title says it all, i have been looking forward to this day for a long time, no more waiting for somebody to tow my big boat around for me, no more 2wd, no more squeezing people into the ranger. I now own the trip taking, fishing, boating and off roading truck i always wanted.

I will not however disrespect my old ranger, for over 5 years all i did was oil changes and brakes, i can only hope this is as reliable.

2AD3B290-F7B7-4157-8FB9-18E19FB0D778_zps

85229F63-BA42-491B-BE52-3FBB8BBD8DF9_zps

I dont trust the eco boost so i stuck with the v8, cant wait for my first fishing trip!

Nice same colour as mine, I've considered trading our 2010 super crew in on a new aluminum bodied one. I see you have a gravel driveway put some mudflaps on it if you enjoy the paint on your rockers also clean your drivers doorsill seal often or it will get rocks on it and take the paint off your door. I know because I had a crushed limestone driveway.

Edited by Freshtrax

Congrats, I have a 2010 v8. It's been a good truck. You did well to stick with the coyote. We have gone through a few of the turbos on work vehicles now, all prior to 100k, and I know of at least one guy that had his give up on a personal truck just after the warranty expired. The v8's are solid. 5 of my buddies are driving F150's ranging in age from 2006 to 2014 with very few problems.

Nice truck! love the 150s. shortbox?

Also, consider changing out the tires, the wranglers are ok, but not great. mine lasted 5 years, about 60,000km switched them out to a commercial grade tire, firestone transforce. couldn't be happier

for gas mileage, $25 ~38L to gets me around 115-130km at city speeds with the 5.4L triton V8

Edited by FloatnFly

Its a supercrew, the longest you can get is a 6 1/2' box so thats what i got, would have got the 8' if they put it on with the big cab.

I weaseled a set of winter tires rims and sensors out of ford so the wranglers will only be on in the summer and when i kill them ill try find a decent set of tires.

The motor is the 5.0l v8 so im not sure if its a big difference from the 5.4 triton

Edited by Gallie

Very nice truck the eco boost is not something to be afraid of though. I have the eco boost and it gets a full size Ranger boat and a weeks worth of gear from Virginia to Sudbury 14 hours straight doing 60-75 mph with no issues.

Art