Kind Of A Big Personal Announcement

solopaddler

My uncle who is now passed away was always my biggest supporter. One of things he always said to me was "Mike, if you're really passionate about something you will be a success - follow your dream!"

Well, after a lot of years I'm finally taking his advice. In many ways it's the biggest leap of faith I've ever taken and I'm equal parts excited and nervous, but the fact remains there is no reward in life without some kind of risk.

I've been a writer for some time now having been published in a number of magazines including Ontario Out Of Doors. It's always been a passion, but it's also a lot of work for very little pay.

After thinking long and hard about my future earlier this year I decided to launch my own magazine. More than anything the ability to do precisely what I want to do in the way that I want means everything.

The magazine not surprisingly will be called Canada Fishing Guide and we'll primarily be highlighting interesting angling destinations from coast to coast along with some pretty great photography. A natural progression to what I've been doing online for several years now. Along with the travel features there'll be a good dose of what I think will be some really great storytelling - narrative pieces that will paint a vivid picture. Again, exactly the kind of stuff I like to read and I hope everyone else will too.

The inaugural edition will be released in early November strictly in digital format. Going forward in 2016 it will be available in both print and digital form. I'll let everyone know what's going on as the date approaches.

In the meantime here's a snapshot of the cover. (wish me luck :) )

CFG_FrontCoverConcept_2015-01.jpg

Edited by Mike Borger

Thanks guys, it means a lot!

Very cool. You're not alone (or wrong for that matter) when you say you love reading these type of adventure stories.

Just a question, why is there a question mark at the end of the tagline?

Thanks bud. To answer the question it's not a tagline, more a subheading for one of the narrative pieces in the mag. I thought long and hard about a tagline for the actual title "Canada Fishing Guide". I wanted one, but the art director I'm working with talked me out of it. :)

Once again I can't tell you how much I appeciate everyone's comments! This may be the biggest undertaking I've ever tackled and it's nice to know people have your back. :)

Cool! Congrats! How do I subscribe?

S.

Thanks Shane. I'll let everyone know in early November.

For those of you Stateside, yes it will be available, again I'll let you guys know how and where when the time comes.

Edited by Mike Borger

I've been enjoying reading your fishing tales for alot of years now Mike and they've always been entertaining to say the least and hopefully this new venture will be a huge success for you.

Best of luck with everything.