Kids worm business shut down by city

If you look at the picture in the article, you will see the complaint box is checked off.

Someone called and complained to the bylaw folks.

G

Gerritt u are absolutely right on the complaint, the by law were just doing their job, and a neighbour was playing scrooge in the summer, hopfully the officials to be will put some of our tax payers dollars to good use in their next council meeting and make some ammendments to let kids be kids

Aw, come on Dad, just buy your kids a bike!

Ya thats the spirit. Give them what they want. No need to earn it. Im not saying your wrong, but the kids are stepping up. Who says dad has the cash to buy them?

The whole world is going for a crap.

Ya thats the spirit. Give them what they want. No need to earn it. Im not saying your wrong, but the kids are stepping up. Who says dad has the cash to buy them?

The whole world is going for a crap.

Maybe I'm wrong Brian, but I thought Mike was just kidding around with his comment and not intending it to be taken literally.

As I said though, I could be wrong. :dunno:

Sorry guys, but if its taking business away from local tackle shops then I'm for it. If its just to lay down the law for any other reason then that I would definitely never raise a family there.

And how many 'Worms for Sale' signs do you pass by to any lake in the Kawarthas, that aren't a commercial business, theres tons of people that do this. Hell, where I grew up in Sarnia, there was a guy that lived beside the arena who sold worms and minnows from his shed, just pull up, open the fridge, grab the worms, or fill a bucket with minnows, put the money in the bin, drive away, all done by honour system.

Should we ban garage sales since they take away business from second hand stores?

This province is such a bunch of friggen whiners. It drives me nuts. Im about ready to leave here. The people suck!!

S.

Talk about melodramatic whining lol! I guess we now live in a communist whiny nanny state because one neighbor filed a complaint with a bylaw officer and he had no choice but to do his job. This obviously makes for a juicy headline, so local media pounced on it and made an oversensationalized media circus out of it. Some of you need to give your head a shake, or buy some reading glasses

The MNR did the same to a kid just outside Beaverton back in the 80's. Shut down his roadside worm stand because a) not collecting PST b} no bait sellers license.

As I recall, the end result was the CO being relocated to another jurisdiction.

Edited by bigugli

Maybe I'm wrong Brian, but I thought Mike was just kidding around with his comment and not intending it to be taken literally.

As I said though, I could be wrong. :dunno:

Yup, definately just a joke. No worries Brian. It's not the first time someone didn't think I was funny! lol

As far as I know, if they made a complaint it wouldn't/couldn't be anonymously. The kids will find out which stick up the bum neighbour shut them down. Sometimes makes you wonder about those guys who sell used golf balls living beside golf courses. Maybe I should make a call to my by-law officer as well.

I agree with what everyone has said. Let kids be kids and learn about life along the way. However none of us know the whole situation. Perhaps the kids or there customers created traffic flow problems on the road or sidewalk or threw away garbage that they never picked up but the next door neighbour had to deal with it. Eventually that would upset most of us.

Whatever the situation is, it's still a shame that a couple kids are trying to do something positive and make a few bucks to buy a bike.

Sure a big difference from so many kids today who never leave the TV or computer.

All I know is I'm glad I'm not living next door the the guy who complained about them.....if that's the case.

It had to be a complaint from someone. I doubt the bylaw officer found them without direction. Like others said, their hands were tied. Next step is for their council to make some changes.

If I was the bylaw officer and I got the complaint, so I had to attack a bunch of kids running a small time business for some scratch to buy bikes. I would do my JOB.... I would go right over to the DB's house or business, who called in and inspect everything they owned, rented or stood beside. I would happily write THEM up about 20 tickets for whatever they were doing AGAINST the rules. Let's face it with all the over regulation we live under now EVERYBODY is breaking some bylaws or codes these days.

Then I would have went told the kids sorry you can't do what you are doing in the current way you are doing. Sadly, I do have to give you this piece of paper because of the rules. Then I would tell them in my spare time after work I would be more than happy to show them how to skirt the bylaw and keep on making some money for their bikes...

I expect my job would be immediately terminated, but then earning a living isn't worth being forced to be such a dick anyway in my opinion. LOL

Edited by Canuck2fan

If I was the bylaw officer and I got the complaint, so I had to attack a bunch of kids running a small time business for some scratch to buy bikes. I would do my JOB.... I would go right over to the DB's house or business, who called in and inspect everything they owned, rented or stood beside. I would happily write THEM up about 20 tickets for whatever they were doing AGAINST the rules. Let's face it with all the over regulation we live under now EVERYBODY is breaking some bylaws or codes these days.

Then I would have went told the kids sorry you can't do what you are doing in the current way you are doing. Sadly, I do have to give you this piece of paper because of the rules. Then I would tell them in my spare time after work I would be more than happy to show them how to skirt the bylaw and keep on making some money for their bikes...

I expect my job would be immediately terminated, but then earning a living isn't worth being forced to be such a dick anyway in my opinion. LOL

I approve this message lol.

Your a good man...

I approve this message lol.

Your a good man...

With an attitude like that you should be running for counsil or something, I know I'd be voting for you!!! :worthy:

With an attitude like that you should be running for counsil or something, I know I'd be voting for you!!! :worthy:

Thanks but I don't play well enough with others to ever even consider such a thing... There is a reason I have managed to be excused from mandatory staff meetings at the last 3 places I have worked before now, with no repercussions to my employment LOL

Edited by Canuck2fan