Kids worm business shut down by city

Thanks but I don't play well enough with others to ever even consider such a thing... There is a reason I have managed to be excused from mandatory staff meetings at the last 3 places I have worked before now, with no repercussions to my employment LOL

Your train of thought is similar to mine.

We should team up lol

I think kids who start young with anything like a paper route, lawn mowing, snow shoveling or other little enterprise have a head start, when it comes to understanding the value of a dollar. I think kids should be exempt from such bylaws.

So I guess every yard sale, garage sale and the like will have to be shut down now. I had one duffus on another fishing forum tell me that when I trade my home made pasta sauce for fish cleaning by a lady where my boat slip is I am supposed to pay taxes on the worth of the fish cleaning as it was income. Guess what he was? Yep, a By Law officer. And he was dead serious. This world of ours sure has some problems but kids selling worms?? Come on man!

A few years ago if you can recall the health dept's in Ontario were cracking down on service clubs and Churches for preparing and selling foods like cookies and pies not made in commercial kitchens that were not approved by the Gov. Another, Come on man!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Town of Midland requires you to buy a permit to have a garage / yard sale ! Fine for not having one minimum $500 to a maximum of $100,000 !!

I guess the mayor/reeve didn't see the as is sign on that .50 toaster they bought at a garage sale and when it stopping working after 2 yrs it was decided to clamp down on this kinda crap being sold on the public streets.... of that fair city.

Seriously, do you need a permit to have a kijiji sale too. Are bake/cookie/chocolate sales for the schools exempt at least. LOL

No, if you want to have a fund raising raffle you have to buy a licence to sell tickets in Midland!

Wow is air still free there? LOL I would be saying to the council "that's nice" (anyone who is a fan of Mrs. Browns Boys will know what I am really thinking though.)

Updated..... Cornwall Mayor, says changing the bylaw for one case would be asinine...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/ottawa/topstories/cornwall-kids-defy-bylaw-to-stop-selling-worms-1.3176717

Not for nothing but did anyone else notice how a "politician" knew right off the top of their head how to "cheat" the rules and still continue the activity. LOL