Cottage Life Report

chris.brock

I think we need a new vehicle. My wife drives and I have to ride in the back jumpseat.

IMG_02701_zpsmv8ftnjl.jpg

Downrigging for lakers was tough. The bass were slow too.

perch_zps8kyckm0j.jpg

I've never seen or heard of this before. The loon was trying to steal our fish as we brought them in.

IMG_02801_zpso172fdx2.jpg

Jet ski day. My buddy Ang dropped an 1100 triple into his stand-up. It felt like The Hand of God pushing you from zero to almost 60 mph.

Ang, if you're reading this, your butt crack hanging out of your bathing suit all day did make me, and likely the other guys too, feel uncomfortable.

IMG_02891_zpss5kxp5wt.jpg

Daniel has a heavily modded Super Jet with a carbon fiber hull.

IMG_02921_zpsevo85ujg.jpg

The critters are part of the experience. If she wants to nest over my jam jar, no problem, we'll stay away as much as we can.

IMG_02931_zpsklvzwyml.jpg

This guy knocked over my potted tomato plant. That's just the way it goes.

bear_zpsdkkumamw.jpg

If people get ticked off with stuff like this stuff, they should just live and stay in the city.

IMG_02951_zpsxvbnu8m0.jpg

IMG_02721_zpsbd21xaxi.jpg

Edited by chris.brock

Hey Chris have a look at the new F150 if you in the market. You can fit all your gear, family and tow a house. The best part is it's gonna get better gas mileage then your ranger.

That's s nice stand up, I have always wanted one ever since I was a kid.

Cool report!

As far as the sign goes I have something even better for you. Click on this link and have a listen. I recommend you put earphones on, turn up the volume and dim the lights. You will enjoy it. :)

(warning, language may or may not be offensive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvC4Yu3ILUc

Edited by Mike Borger

Ahhh, Cottage life. A wonderful peek into your down time.

Since ours is about an hour each way to Hamilton we found ourselves commuting most of the year. I said to my lady one spring evening why don't I gut this place and we can get rid of the house in the city. She said "Why not?" I proceeded to walk over to one of the bedroom walls and put my foot through it. Sold the house and moved into the first "home" I have ever owned. It is the first place I have lived that I would rather be home and can't wait to get back there like today and everyday.

Enjoy my friend. Think about where your favorite place is, then move there. There are schools nearby I guarantee it, maybe even a store or 2.

Great report! I have GOT to get that t-shirt featured in your second photo!

I haven't rode my jetski since 2009 and that little 750 wares me out......... But an 1100 in a stand up?!?!?! THAT WOULD BE SICK!!!

Props to your cronie for installing that. Quite the engineering feat!

Edited by Steelheadphycho

Dozer, anytime.

I talked with MSP via PM and it's the same loon, small world here on OFC sometimes, so if anybody wants to hand feed a loon, PM either of us

Old Ironmaker you did it right. Me and my wife are stuck in Oakville because of our jobs and don't have that option..

Mike, right on Dude, 420

Steelheadphycho, I thought there would be some other stand up riders on here, Ang said the 1100 pretty well drops right in. The new hull seems to be way easier to ride than the old ones.

This was kind of cool. I remember seeing these things in the Autotrader years ago.

IMG_02901_zps1faft6jo.jpg

I always thought these things are crap, what a piece of garbage. That's a picture of Ang's Kawi Jet Mate. The thing is a RIOT, we were giggling like school girls getting soaked.

Julian, I hope things are going well. Would love to hear about the progress. There always seems to be some snags with a build though.

"If people get ticked off with stuff like this stuff, they should just live and stay in the city."

Exactly, You got that right!!

Great cottage sign

You do need a bigger truck! LOL Lots of 'stuff' to haul when you have a little one

You getting ready for 'The Chutes'

Cheers

Rick

Edited by RickOnt