Bass Opener - What are your plans

AKRISONER

well gents, the time that many of us have waited many long months for is finally upon us.

For some this weekend, and for others next weekend commences the long awaited bass season.

Where and what are you fishing?

I had a chance to fish Buckhorn this weekend but it fell through, so I am heading up to PAB to finish my casting deck in my tinner and get everything dialed in and ready for next weekend where I will be in my smallie honey hole at first light.

Ive had the 27th booked in my calendary since January, With a big 100 dollar order of baits in the mail, a new casting deck and trolling motor on the tinner. im all geared up and set to go.

A little pike fishing is going to have to tide me over this weekend

I am in zone 15, but by driving 45 K north, and a little east, I can open my bass season this weekend, in zone 18.

If that sounds a bit strange to you, welcome to the club...grin.

Anyway, I will be swimming or flipping jig&pig until I break down and start throwing weightless Senko type worms.

Hope you guys don't catch too many big bass this weekend, the muskies like them for snacks :lol:

:rofl2::rofl2:

I release all my bass Lew,so the feed will still be there for them. Spinner baits and tubes for this guy. Looking to break a BP, but could be a hard one to do.

Cant wait to toss some spinner baits and boil them for buckets as well.

Have to wait another week for zone 15 to open up. It's killing me! Prob gonna finish work around the house cause as soon as my bass season gets going I don't do much other then bass fish. I'll be heading up to the cottage in the parry sound area and hit the cottage lake on Saturday, and a back lake Sunday. May even try Gbay. I'm hoping the bite will be on, weather has been cool and the water has been the same. Any how next Saturday will prob be a few 12 hr day of fishing for bass may squeeze a walleye bite in if I feel like it. Happy bass opener everyone!

Anyone else gonna be up in parry sound area?

Edited by jtracc

i have to work four saturdays a year june 20 one of them go figure, sunday be on sturgeon unlesss i decide to prefish balsam, have some new shimano and loomis product to break in, be throwing it all, jig/pig creature baits toads/frogs/rats senkos, cranks and spinners and always have several rods tied for wallys in case bass dont want to play

Saturday June 20th.

5 am.

Cruising across the lake to the same spot my dad, buddy Bryan, and I have started our bass season for the last 6 years.

can't wait.

first cast will be my lucky Zell Rowland Excalibur Pop-R.

Edited by Steve