Long sleeve UV protection fishware?

Raycaster

Every year I try to bundle up against the sun fishing and have started wearing long sleeve t-shirts and a rolled up towel around the neck.

I've seen video's of the cool young guys wearing complete camo setups which I assume offer great sun protection but damn I'd suffer huge abuse from relatives worse than a sunburn if I tried that!

Any suggestions for reasonable priced UV protection wear for fishing? There a few shirts at Sail that looked ok but again pretty much on the flashy side for this old fart. Don't need to look like I'm in the National BassMaster Tourney...

Thx ahead.

Columbia and simms make long sleeve shirts, neutral logos, no skulls or anything

I have a few, I like the Columbia stuff better, cheaper and nicer fit for me

these guys here:

http://www.columbia.com/mens-pfg-terminal-tackle-long-sleeve-tee-FM6094.html?dwvar_FM6094_variationColor=374#start=10

Edited by bare foot wader

I also wear Columbia and their excellent for hot sunny days on the water, just be sure to get the ones that are vented in the back and arm pits as that lets air flow through and will help keep you cool.

I also wear a wide brimmed hat to keep the sun off my face and ears.

Mine are neutral colors and aren't the least bit flashy and look just like any other shirt.

I have a bunch of microfiber shirts I bought in Florida that are great for stopping the sun while keeping you cool.

I even bought a few from Walmart under the Bimini Bay brand that were less than $15 a piece.

Picked up a bunch of nice ones at the Tampa boat show last spring too. :D

I wear Columbia fishing shirts available at Bass Pro. Also the Worldwide Sportsman brand. A wide brim hat is a must, and a buff for neck/face protection. Don't forget long pants, as we usually ignore the back of our legs and pay for it! SPF 30 minimum sunscreen and don't forget SPF lip balm. Nothing worse than a nasty sun blister on your kisser!

Tons of different clothing out there prices are not cheap for this kind of stuff but it's well worth it.

The sun is my enemy. :ninja:

Lottsa great info here. Thanx for sharing. I've never really paid attention to the damage sun can do to your body, except wearing a wide brimmed hat & SPF 340 but, after reading all of your replies, it's definitely changing my way of thinking. I have gift cards from BPS - guess I'll be using them on long sleeved shirts & a buff or 2 before hitting the open water.

I picked up an O'Neil brand uv protection hoody at sail last year. Not flashy at all and very comfortable. the hood is quite roomy. When wearing a ball cap I can keep my entire face in the shade by pulling the hood down over the brim of my cap. even on the hottest days I stay cool.

I got a few bass pro UV shirts and a few buffs and a shirt at sail both places were priced about the same and they work well !!! And on those super hot days where the sun is cooking you alive they are worth every penny for sure !!! Those shirts & buffs have let me spend more time in the sun than I normally would have that's for sure !!!

I have a nice growing collection of light weight long sleeves. The last couple years I've been down in Florida for my son's baseball training and Walmart has a very nice $25 long sleeve in the fishing department that is UV 35 protection

There is a line of clothing called Salt Life that is sold through BEALLS Department stores. Lots of salt water images but they have some plain camo and color tops as well. This spring I picked up an Underarmor and 2 salt life long sleeves that you'll see in photos this year for sure.

BEALLS also has a line up called REEL LEGENDS and stuff is priced well. Easy enough to order as well, just like ordering from BPS online

here's one that's on sale right now at BEALLS

http://www.beallsflorida.com/online/reel-legends-mens-freeline-graphic-camo-t-shirt

L/S UPF shirt, pants, buff and shades. Bought 2 worldwide sportsman branded shirts as well as zip off quick dry pants online from the clearance bin at BPS . Absolutely lovd the stain resistant quality of my Colunbia Blood N Guts shirt though. Small price to pay to avoid the undeniable damage the sun will do. Advantageous to wearing too much sunblock which will probably be found to pose its own risks

I have a Columbia UPF long sleeve hoodie for the top and a pair of Under Armour guide wear pants. I will be trying out a Under armour Buff thing this year as well.

Glacier glove also makes a glove for summer UV protection. I know a few guys that wear them and they say they are comfy. I just have not gotten to that point yet.