Your dream boat

kickingfrog

The one I already have for da last 30 years....wife has tried a couple times to get me to buy a new one. I look and walk away because I don't like the new boats with all there built in storage lockers because they take up way too much floor space, making the boat smaller and more crowded.

I know this is a little goofy .... but I'd love to have a high-end fishing pontoon with a layout that I design.

fishing-tri-toon%2520%25281%2529.jpg

X2

A buddy has one, can't remember the motor size but it's a 4 stroke and maxed out for this 24 foot toon. This thing would idle down to 1.5-2 mph and then get up and easily hit 35 or 40 mph at 3/4 throttle. Very versatile, fishing (Down rigging) in the morning and then out with family and friends touring around in the afternoon. Only thing about it, when the full camper top was up; you were fighting a sail, even the slightest of wind.

This is what I'm waiting for, once I can swing it financially; who am I kidding, it's when the wife gives me the green light. LOL

Dan.

Back in the late 1990's we had a Seaswirl Striper 2100 dual console with a 150 Johnson on the transom for a demo.
Took anything Nipissing could throw at it. All glass, inside and out with a self draining floor.
Loved that boat.
Every once in a while I'll take a look for a used one. See a few come up in the USA.
Someday maybe I'll pull the trigger and go get one.

im a total victim of the multi boat problem...I am currently rejigging my 14 foot tinner for bass and walleye action, it will get the job done locally, however when its time to travel further distance or hit the big water the big boats are a necessity.

Of course a big old boston whaler would be pretty sweet the handle all of the things you could throw at it, however nothing will beat a small tinner with a trolling motor for sneaking into those rocky sketchy spots.

I drift onto rocks all the time and theres not even a mark on the boat.

Great thread and gets me thinking that I have no real set idea as to what I'd upgrade to. Enjoy the tiller Rebel SS 1650 I have immensely and it's gotten me weeks and weeks out on big water like Quinte & Nipigon and at the same time, has been put in at some rough ditch launches to different back lakes.

One foot-itis does get the thinkins to 17 or even 18 feet though.

I built this back in the early 2000 it is for river fishing with a jet drive motor.

jetboat001.jpg

This is my 28ft all aluminum 1985 MARINETTE it was a great lakes boat .

IMG_20070413_0040Small.jpg

A 1989 rebuilt ranger is my traveling bassboat for when the river is not the best place to run.

Sorry no picture

A 10ft pontoon pond crawler pelican rounds out my boats.

Between all of these boats the fish from farm ponds to the ocean are not safe.

Art

Great thread and gets me thinking that I have no real set idea as to what I'd upgrade to. Enjoy the tiller Rebel SS 1650 I have immensely and it's gotten me weeks and weeks out on big water like Quinte & Nipigon and at the same time, has been put in at some rough ditch launches to different back lakes.

One foot-itis does get the thinkins to 17 or even 18 feet though.

A 16ft tiller is pretty much the most versitile boat for all around use IMO. Hard to beat if your a multi species angler who just loves to fish and hunt.

That said, I would love to have a bigger, more comfortable boat for big water trolling, and another smaller tinny for bushwhackin.

My 16 starcraft does all that, but is far from perfect for each scenario.

I'll never get rid of it though. I'll have it as long as I live.

S.

A dream boat is just a pipe dream for me.

No one boat will do all the different types of water and fishing I do.

At minimum I really need about 4 or 5 different watercraft.

A nice drift boat for certain salmon and trout water.

If I had the choice it would be a Pavati: http://www.pavatimarine.com/

Pavati%20Guardian%20Drift%20Boat%20-%20T

For bigger salmon and trout waters a jet sled is needed.

Many choices here but my favorite is the Predator by Willie Boats: http://www.willieboats.com/predator/

raptor111.jpg

Then I will need a lake boat. I already have the one I like. :D

Subhunter_zpsf3b62e79.jpg

Gonna need an ocean boat when I move to BC as well.

My choice here is a Kingfisher: http://www.kingfisherboats.com/off-shore/

3025offshoreheader12.jpg

I also have a kayak but my choice if I had the $$$$ would be a Hobi PA14: http://www.hobiefishing.com/mirage/mirage-pro-angler-14/

pro-angler-14-studio-3-4-olive-shadowed-

If I had to choose ONE dream boat, it would probably be a BW 170 supersport with a Suzuki DF115 (I know it's max rated for 90, but many people run 115's on them). Not because I think it's the greatest boat out there, but it would be a beautiful clean slate to make an incredible custom boat that you could take fishing in the shallows one day, downrigging in rough waters the next day, and the next day use it for wakeboarding or tubing. That being said I'd need at least another 20k on top of the boat/motor cost to make it my own.

I'm not a huge fan of purpose built boats because they're very good at one thing and that's it. If it was a perfect world I'd have a stable with 3 or 4 different boats.

Edited by Wagoneer