A rough day on the ice, Fish Report- updated

chris.brock

People say "my worst day fishing is still better than my best day at work". I'm not so sure.

It was derby day and the morning dawned cold and clear.

100_3306_zps32037a48.jpg

I ran into knee deep slush with my Bravo. By the time my brother and I lifted it out, the track froze solid in the frigid weather. The Bravo would spend the night on the ice.

100_3309_zps9c42076c.jpg

These fish are small but it's a tough lake in mid winter. Chris had 2, me and Bain had 1 each.

100_3307_zps0d178c03.jpg

With the Bravo frozen, we planned to walk our fish in before the 2pm ending of the derby. We come out of the shelter and surprise, surprise, the derby ended at 1pm and we missed it. Kewley's fish would have been top 10 for sure, maybe top 5.

Leaving the lake, my Dad's SUV is full so we leave his Clam pop-up and my Pelican jet sled on the shore until I can get back with my truck.

I'm almost back with my truck and I see a black F150 with what looks like my sled on his trailer. Back at the lake the Clam and sled are gone. I drive like Luke Duke in the General Lee after the F150 but never caught him.

Somebody is looking for trouble and I'm going to make sure he finds it.

100_3312_zps015c4293.jpg

From the exhaust, it looked like the F150 was recently started so I've got an idea where he came from.

Edited by chris.brock

Thanks for the nice words guys.

Seriously Man!!! Hopefully it gets resolved without incident. I though it was an awesome day even though your tent blew away (recovered), the auger wouldn't start right away & all others you've stated, looking forward to another one soon

Really! I was gonna give you a call and tell you guys but I decided to sit by the fire with a stiff drink instead.

Totally, it was a comedy of errors (there's still more not mentioned) still it was a fun, memorable day for sure. Lots of winter left.

Edited by chris.brock

An eye for an eye :whistling:

Sounds like a country music song, sorry I had tears in my eyes especially with the Dukes of Hazard thing, its bizzarr how so many things could go so wrong in such a short period of time

I am sure hopeful your property will be recovered in the very near future.

I can imagine your frustration

And I thought dealing with my 19 year old was challenging :tease:

Best of luck

You've just joined a very long list of people who have been burnt up there. Sadly, Haliburton area has long had a theft problem. Skidoos, ATV's, trailers, boat motors, generators, are the usual targeted items. Lord knows how many times friends and relatives up there have been burnt. During the 80's got so bad that a few neighbours were known to walk their neighbourhood with a loaded shotgun. They caught one punk trying to steal a local pilot's tractor.

Hey Chris, I am a "glass half full" kind of guy. So first I want to say that losing your trailer sled/clam is a bummer. Frozen Bravo is a bummer too.

It was -28C to start the day. Nobody got frozen parts. Your dad's iced boot heel did look pretty funny. Prizes give us encouragement to fish more, and we don't need any more of that. :)

We caught fish on a slow lake on a day the cold front blasted through! We had a blast in the company of good friends. You have a lovely family. Life is good. Thanks for another good show.

Edited by sleepjigging

Thanks for the nice words guys.

Really! I was gonna give you a call and tell you guys but I decided to sit by the fire with a stiff drink instead.

Totally, it was a comedy of errors (there's still more not mentioned) still it was a fun, memorable day for sure. Lots of winter left.

I wish you'd called we would have turned the van around. Sorry if my sarcasm wasn't obvious but folks that steal crap are the lowest of the low & deserve whats coming to them. A stiff drink, next time I'll bring a FULL bottle...lol

Sorry to hear that. I just can't believe the nerve some people have. See something sitting there and think that it's free for anyone to take.

However, you reconfirmed that there are still fish in that lake. I was skunked the last time I went there in January.