What goes in your ice hole

AKRISONER

I didnt feel so bad at the end of the day because dave (my fishing partner for the day) said he brought a girl out to the same lake a month before on one of their first dates, she ended up catching a fish an and she tried to hand him her phone so he could take a photo, he says it was unintentional, im not sure if I believe him, but that phone ended up down the hole as well.

During the fall pickerel bite this year a couple of guys saw us start catching and of course encroached right in on us. it was to our satisfaction that 10 minutes later the guy dropped his rod in the lake and it was gone. Unfortunately for us he accidentally snagged it a short time later, however the icing on the cake was when i reeled in a 9lber while they remained skunked for the day :)

Perhaps my all time favorite was when my pops was trying to park the 27 footer and a gust of wind threw my mom in the lake. no ice on for that one, would have been funnier if there was!

Edited by AKRISONER

Yeah, I forgot about my spud. I had one hell of a good ice spud made for me by a buddy in Owen Sound. I met a couple old buddies on Lake Clear up by Eganville, and loaned my spud to "SKIP" who promptly spudded a big hole and about what would be the second last strike, away it went into deep water. I was unhappy............

After that I always put a lanyard on my spuds!

Fisherman, that was when I found out that Marcel was back in the outfit, he was there with Skip G.

Doug

Ya remember the story of the drunk that was going to dive and come up in the shack next over....nuts.

In the late 60s I heard of this happening on Simcoe, he would jump in and come up in the other hut, the light guided him.

apparently one time he didn't make it! too much mixture with the ice cubes!

Haven't lost much down an ice hole, but went out fishing solo one summer morning in the boat. It was a little cool, so I put on some light pants over my shorts. I spent a few hours fishing, and started getting hot, so took the pants off, folded them up, and sat them on the seat of the boat next to me. Moved to another spot, got there and realized my pants had blown out of the boat somewhere down the lake. In those pants was my wallet, and keys to my vehicle. GONE!

Cost me a fortune to replace all my licenses, and had to call my wife to bring the spare keys.

S.

My son's iphone 4S resides at the bottom of the Grand River... At least it happened at the end of a great day of catfishing...

I had a whitefish flopping around the hut flick a half dozen lures down the 10" hole... Served me right for leaving them all over the place!

Lost my sunflower cover grill into 93 feet of water... got it back after about 20 minutes of blind bottom bouncing with a monster tube and 7/0 hooks!

Somewhere out from the 9th line north of Barrie in 90 FOR water tou will find a brand new Jiffee auger less and engine! One hole and off it went? Lo it wasn't mine :)

I worked on the advertising BellMobility acoount, One of my friends asked me IF I could do anything for him after it left his shirt pocket, yes I can phone and see if it rings.

he wasn't happy!

Buddy two Sat's ago,taking down his hut,his girlfriend left her rod in the holder to help pack up.,comes back in,red holder over ,brand new rod/reel combo gone right down the hole.$40 combo lasted a day lol. If you catch a fish in simcoe with a rod and reel attached,feel free to let me identify it lolol. :wallbash: .Things happen so fast !!!

Haven't lost much down an ice hole, but went out fishing solo one summer morning in the boat. It was a little cool, so I put on some light pants over my shorts. I spent a few hours fishing, and started getting hot, so took the pants off, folded them up, and sat them on the seat of the boat next to me. Moved to another spot, got there and realized my pants had blown out of the boat somewhere down the lake. In those pants was my wallet, and keys to my vehicle. GONE!

Cost me a fortune to replace all my licenses, and had to call my wife to bring the spare keys.

S.

. Oh that's brutal !!!! Man I hear you on replacing all your ID it takes forever and with the way new vehicles are now the keys are worth a lot of money & the key fabs as well !!! At least you had a spare !!!! Lol

. Oh that's brutal !!!! Man I hear you on replacing all your ID it takes forever and with the way new vehicles are now the keys are worth a lot of money & the key fabs as well !!! At least you had a spare !!!! Lol

I was right out front of your place!!! 26fow....LOL. Lost everything!

S.

My fishing license went down the hole, right after being checked by a conservation officer.

I've seen a bottle go down the hole, right BEFORE being checked by a conservation officer.

you've got some great stories akaShag, I guess a gaff through the cheek is better than a gaff in the eye, that's bizarre

1 week ago, my sled, HDS7, and jiffy.

Oh man seeing your stuff on the bottom, just adds insult too injury; have you been able to raise them yet?

I guess there's one thing that's can be called a blessing; you're here to tell us your story!

Dan.

Just picked the wrong spot to cross a crack is all. I was being careful and going slow on the rough ice. If I was going fast, I would have skipped right across. Sled went down and I jumped away from it. Ended up in the water up to my eyeballs. Pulled myself out, got picked up by someone who saw me and went home to change. Called the gang, and went to work immediately to get it out. I was wearing my mustang ice rider coat, and that helped to keep me up. Went in at 430pm and by 730, had it in the garage getting torn down. Had sled running that night.

image_zps6a7b707f.jpg

image_zps2d82b3b5.jpg

Edited by steelhedrmatt

The list of items that I have not lost down a hole or overboard would be shorter. The worst thing I have seen lost down a hole was my buddy's breakfast the morning after he thought he should try a sample of every shooter in the bar the night before. Watching a guy heave his guts out leaning over a hole is hilarious until you realize puke don't sink, now that's what I call chumming.

The best thing that went overboard. Out on the boat with a free spirited young women 35 years ago. She decided she should sun bathe and didn't want tan lines. She put her stuffin a beach bag, all her clothes, and when she wasn't looking I put the bag in a dry livewell and told her the bag must have blown overboard the last time we moved the boat. She didn't even get mad at me when I gave her the bag back she was so happy.