What did you do New Years eve

wormdunker

So here we sit waiting for safe ice. Everything else has been discussed here while we're in between seasons. lol! So what did you do?

My wife & I spent New Years at home watching TV (especially the Canadian juniors beating USA -Woo Hoo!). Later in the evening she prepared 2 - 8oz lobster tails, shrimp with cocktail sauce while roasting a frenched rack of lamb!! I drank a couple beers while watching the hockey game, 1 glass of wine during dinner (which was awesome!). After dinner we watched the festivities at Times Square in New York. Went to bed at 10:00!

Happy New Year everyone!

Made Sue and I a really nice dinner, rainbow trout (her favorite) with a maple/mustard glaze, Asian style green beans and a brown/wild rice mix. A glass of very nice wine.

About 7:30 I turned the clock ahead about 4 hours. We watched some tv and suddenly it was midnight; I kissed her and wished her a Happy New Year. Told her she could set the clock back now and I went to bed (might have even beat Lew LOL). (she always likes to stay up to see the ball drop then crawls into bed, give me a kiss, cuddles up and); well that's what dreams are made of!

Today is when I do my celebrating; just finished making a nice Swiss cheese sauce and crape batter, shaved a nice piece of ham, cooked up some asparagas. Friends are coming over around 10:30 so I'll be making ham and asparagas crapes with Swiss cheese sauce for brunch.

Wishing each and every one of you all the very best for 2015!

Went out to a slow dinner 7-10 or so with many friends and brother and his wife (drank water with a bit of wine) got home at 1:30.

Today it's a family day. Full dinner for all of the kids and spouses and the 7 grandkids. (17)

Deciding whether to do lamb on the BBQ with the Roast beef, cannelloni and hearty soup with lots of shredded chicken and beaten eggs. (it's an Italian thing)

If I fire up the BBQ I'll also roast chestnuts. At this temp I may be hugging the BBQ.

It's going to be a long day :)

glad some of you made out ok....Me, not so well. felt funny all day my youngest was sick in the morn and by 5:30 i started to get sick to my stomach :( made it to ball drop shaking under a blanket. Had to cancel our evening out. This morn my body aches from the heaving.

It can only get better from here!! Happy 2015!!!

Today is when I do my celebrating; just finished making a nice Swiss cheese sauce and crape batter, shaved a nice piece of ham, cooked up some asparagas. Friends are coming over around 10:30 so I'll be making ham and asparagas crapes with Swiss cheese sauce for brunch.

I'm looking forward d to roast leg of lamb tonight but DAMN this is making me hungry already lol. pics or it didn't happen ;)

and Happy New Year to everyone. and stay inside today, the wind is absolutely brutal this morning !

we envited over some nieces and nefews. Had a good family dinner. watched hockey all day!

cracked a beer by ten(after the kiddos went to bed). had 4 beers then to bed with the better half about 1215.

was a great day! wanted to go ice fishing today but too many to tag along so were heading to the outdoor rinks for some shinny:)

Had some buddy's over and we played Rotten Apples and Cards against humanity. Both great and vulgar games if you get the right cards and the right time...

One of the couples just had a baby so they left around 11:00. The other couple was here until 1:30.

I feel hungover yet I didn't drink a stitch of alcohol. I guess staying up past midnight just doesn't agree with me anymore.

glad some of you made out ok....Me, not so well. felt funny all day my youngest was sick in the morn and by 5:30 i started to get sick to my stomach :( made it to ball drop shaking under a blanket. Had to cancel our evening out. This morn my body aches from the heaving.

It can only get better from here!! Happy 2015!!!

You aren't the only one, my head isn't feeling great either. Still had a good night, watched both hockey games, had some steak watched a movie and finally hit the sack around 1.

Had some friends over a-la potluck. I cooked up some crappie, dynamic_bear made his famous Jamalaya, other friends made homemade bread and crab dip. I'm not much of a drinker so I served as bartender for the evening. Good times had by all.

I wish I could get out on the ice today. Looks like Sunday will be the earliest.

I watched the The Walking Dead marathon and ate the Oxtail soup I made in the crock pot I got for Christmas, was delish, then went to bed about 11:30 and got woken up abruptly by Ralphie barking when some yackoff set off some fireworks for half an hour at midnight near my back yard!

threw a decent sized party at our house.

day started with the Canada Win, then the Leafs Win, the closed off with the Finland Win.

After the hockey was done, played DJ until 11:55 when we changed over to the NY ball drop.

Continued playing DJ until close to 3am until the house just about cleared out....

Enjoyed the final hour cleaning up the house.