tb4me

I agree.

Don't get me wrong, you guys know how much I love Komarov....therefore, clearly I was not happy with the Ovy Leo situation.

But, its hockey.

With the talent of Ovy, combined with his strength... I can't think of another player with that set of skills in the last thirty years.

I used to like ol Ovenchicken but I have to agree that he is about as dirty of a fringe player as I have seen in a while..That slash to the ankle of Letang was ignorant at best..Of course no discipline from the league..Brutal..Why do the stars have their own set of rules?

While were at it why is the Draft Lottery so secretive? Why not do it so everyone can see..I suspect its not done fairly at all and that could explain why its so secretive ...

I used to like ol Ovenchicken but I have to agree that he is about as dirty of a fringe player as I have seen in a while..That slash to the ankle of Letang was ignorant at best..Of course no discipline from the league..Brutal..Why do the stars have their own set of rules?

You must not be old enough to remember the play of Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe, wicked elbows.

You must not be old enough to remember the play of Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe, wicked elbows.

Oh ya I'm def not that old...lol However I do know all about it..He got away with that stuff when it was on the fringe of being acceptable back then..Ovie is far more sneaky at getting away with it in fact he has become somewhat of a master at getting away with it.. I know why..Its simply his speed..He does everything fast. His poor wife eh...lol Anyway skate fast shoot fast assault even quicker..The refs dont have video replay on penalties ,so if they cant see it, it doesn't get called..But what annoys me is why no repercussion from the league in regard to these shots taken..That pens fan that tossed a beer on him was funny.. Getslav complaining about his dirty play and the Letang slash within 24 hours of each other..Coincidence, I think not

While were at it why is the Draft Lottery so secretive? Why not do it so everyone can see..I suspect its not done fairly at all and that could explain why its so secretive ...

brought the draft lottery being rigged up earlier and people didnt have any palet for it.

Remember when pittsburgh got crosby? A historic franchise thats glory days had past, Lemeiux on his way out, nothing for the team to hold on to....then oh crosby comes around and pittsburgh has its new lemeiux

its rigged, the NHL is a business, they will put players where it makes the most financial sense. Mcdavid will go to a team that needs financial help *cough* Carolina *cough*

the teams about to fold, yet theyve won a cup...mcdavid arrives and all is well. Dont fool yourself. If Carolina doesnt get mcdavid they will be gone very soon. Unless the deal for them to go to Las Vegas is already in the books, then look to Arizona.

Edited by AKRISONER

There is absolutely no way that the Leafs will get McDavid. It would take a complete turn around by Buffalo and Edmonton and that isn't happening. The Buffalo fans have basically accepted him into their community, so there is no way they would trade that pick unless they want to face the wrath of the fans.

There is absolutely no way that the Leafs will get McDavid. It would take a complete turn around by Buffalo and Edmonton and that isn't happening. The Buffalo fans have basically accepted him into their community, so there is no way they would trade that pick unless they want to face the wrath of the fans.

The first pick does not necessarily go to the last place team. There is a lottery to select the fist pick. Every team that misses the playoffs has a chance to win the lottery. The last place team has better odds than a team that just misses playoffs; but any team that misses the playoffs does get a chance.

The Leaf's will miss the playoffs, and thus, will have a shot at McDavid. The worse they do, the better their odds.

Looking at the standings now. If Buffalo wins 9 of their last 24 and the Leafs win 2 of their last 24, then Leafs will finish behind Buffalo. So if the Leafs continue at their current pace, then dead last is possible and second last is probable.

I wish the NHL would use a league model similar to that used in European and English soccer with Premier and secondary leagues.

Bottom 2 teams get relegated down and the top two minor teams bounce up to the premiere level. Huge loss of revenues when teams get relegated. Huge boost in revenue for the teams that advance into the big league. Only way to get lazy organizations back on track.

100% agree. A premiere league would do it for me.

The current system is designed to help the struggling teams get better but when fans are cheering for their teams to tank to get a top pick it goes against every concept of the word "professional". It says more about the fans than the team itself.

The Toronto Maple loafs is a snake pit and I wouldn't wish it on a player of McDavid's caliber. What has to change there is the culture of the team. A different philosophy of the game where individual stats should play second fiddle to the TEAM stats. Fortunately individual stats are rewarded with huge contracts.

one things I find funny is all the "real" fans rip on the business folks cause we aren't real fans.

last game I was at, the box I was in, didn't contain any boo's, nor did we cheer for them to lose.

that appears only from the "real" fans.

something to think about.

I watched the Leafs last night, hoping to see them win, wanting them to score that last goal to tie things up....

The so called "real" fans are often the further from the real fans.

100% agree. A premiere league would do it for me.

The current system is designed to help the struggling teams get better but when fans are cheering for their teams to tank to get a top pick it goes against every concept of the word "professional". It says more about the fans than the team itself.

The Toronto Maple loafs is a snake pit and I wouldn't wish it on a player of McDavid's caliber. What has to change there is the culture of the team. A different philosophy of the game where individual stats should play second fiddle to the TEAM stats. Fortunately individual stats are rewarded with huge contracts.

nooo theres nothing wrong with trolling on a fishing board, now is there...ha ha ha

It's funny, the radio shows down here in Buffalo are talking about where we'd like to see McDavid go if we don't land him. Toronto is the most often heard answer. Thought being, if we get 30th......were gauranteed eichel if not McDavid. And it would spark the return of an intense border rivalry. Eichel vs McDavid!! Making a hotbed area between the two cities of FUN hockey and yearly INTENSE playoff series. I disagree lol,if we don't get McDavid, Toronto is the last place I'd like to see him :)

Edited by Blaque

one things I find funny is all the "real" fans rip on the business folks cause we aren't real fans.

last game I was at, the box I was in, didn't contain any boo's, nor did we cheer for them to lose.

that appears only from the "real" fans.

something to think about.

I watched the Leafs last night, hoping to see them win, wanting them to score that last goal to tie things up....

The so called "real" fans are often the further from the real fans.

I don't think that it is so much a real versus non-real fan issue. I view if more as a short versus long term view. Do want to see them win a game this year? Or, watch them win a playoff series a few years down the road?

A better draft choice due to a poor finish this year makes the latter a lot more likely. Especially if some of those losses are helped by a few veteran for draft choice trades.

Edited by JohnBacon