tb4me

Who knows but I doubt it very much...Leafs have big problems that are not going to easily fixed...

The Leafs as it stands know have 25.5 million a year tied up in their top four contracts, Phaneuf, Kessell,Clarkson and Lupul...by comparison the Habs have 25 million a year tied up in Subban,Price,Pacioretty and Plekanec...

Which four would you rather have??

I may be a Leafs fan, but I'm not blind. Can't have much of a bandwagon when the mules won't pull the cart. A third of the old mares need to be sent to the glue works.

If you want to really shake up the slackers start rotating players up from the farm. They've lost the season already, now is the time to see if they have any real talent in the farm network.

The last rebuild got them where they are now. Lol.

Yeah, but during their previous rebuild they traded Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft; 1st, 2nd, & 4rth round draft choices for Vesa Toskola; two 1st and one 2nd round choice for Kessel. Six draft choices and an eventual Vezina winner for two goalies that were not good enough to remain with the team and one controversial forward is not the type of trades that help a team rebuild.

In previous rebuilds the tried to make a quick turn around and mortgage the future for short term gain. Hopefully they have the patience to take the time to do it right this time. The fact that they acquired a draft choice in a trade indicates they may actually be serious about a proper rebuild.

Edited by JohnBacon

jokinen's 'less than thrilled' to be joining the leafs. i can see why but this may be his last chance at resurrecting a career. he will likely get close to 20 mins a game in toronto in order to 'showcase' him before the deadline and if he can produce (and is not dealt by the deadline) may be a able to drive his relatively low value up given he's a UFA this year. he was playing 3rd line minutes (if he was playing at all) in nashville.

Edited by Raf