tb4me

Shanahan, Babcock and Lamoriello sounds like a law firm..lol Im happy with this move..Lou Lam trained Brian Burke and drafted Shanny. I give him 2 years and he is gone..Perhaps he can convince Yzerman to take his place and bring Stamkos with him....

On a further note with Shanny Babs and now Lou Lam on board with Nunas and Carlyle still on the payroll the Leafs are close to $20 mill in management salaries.. Im just thankful were the richest team in the league..lol

well at 72 years old he was ready to retire but I guess those crazy Leafs threw so much money at him he couldn`t say no!!!

Thats why its great being the leafs..Money is no object..Im just happy to see them spend some money on the team and its management finally.

As a long suffering Leaf fan, I will wait and see where all this takes us before jumping for joy. They still need to dump some players to make sure they finish dead last next year for a chance at Auston Matthews.

As a long suffering Leaf fan, I will wait and see where all this takes us before jumping for joy. They still need to dump some players to make sure they finish dead last next year for a chance at Auston Matthews.

oh gawd please say it aint so...I cant handle another year of that nonsense

tb4me...this is a 5 year plan...they said there would be 4 years of suffering before there is even a light at the end of the tunnel.

no nonsense experienced guy that will teach a guy like Dubas the ropes.

Front office is definitely shaping up, i think all of the leafs haters out there wont deny that the front office looks really good.

Thats why its great being the leafs..Money is no object..Im just happy to see them spend some money on the team and its management finally.

Good thing the NHL doesn't count management salaries under the Cap rule!! I doubt any other team is even close to what the buds are spending in the front office.

i along with a huge amount of leaf fans have never understood the B grade front office, coaching and scouting staff the leafs have maintained for such a long time. A lot of that had to do with Larry Tanenbaum never wanting to give up the reigns to real hockey men and the teachers being stingy idiots..but after his dismal failure to put a team together, he finally saw it start hitting his bank account a little tiny tiny bit....not making the million dollars profit per playoff game stung a little.

The team got sold and rogers and bell realized, holy crap if we own 100% of the broadcast rights on a leafs playoff run, cha ching cha ching.

You are a team with literally, unlimited resources, naturally you should be able to throw as much money as required in order to staff your front office and maintaing the best facilities with the best of the best. Finally we are starting to see some movement on this front. They are getting bonafied hockey guys with great reputations and are basically just throwing more money at them than any other franchise could dream of in order to ensure that they win every time. Its not fair, but im not complaining.

Look at Toronto FC..your team absolutely sucks, so you just pay a guy the most money every paid to a player in the MLS, and further to that the most money to any italian soccer player in the entire world....and the funny thing is is that we soak it up like a dry sponge...the stadium is full again and TFC is seeing their investment get paid back very very promptly.

Its all business at the end of the day and logic easily tells you, an above average team in any sport in this city is a friggin gold mine...i.e. see the toronto raptors...straight forward business.

Lou made it very clear that there will be a "change in culture" with the Leafs. "What's in front of the Jersey will be more important that what's on the back". Players like Kadri better watch out because this guy and the rest of the front office will shuffle players in and out until there is a real team that plays Toronto hockey rather than hockey in Toronto. Then and only then will anybody take the Leafs seriously. It's about time, Toronto.

A lot of that had to do with Larry Tanenbaum never wanting to give up the reigns to real hockey men and the teachers being stingy idiots..but after his dismal failure to put a team together, he finally saw it start hitting his bank account a little tiny tiny bit....not making the million dollars profit per playoff game stung a little.

The team got sold and rogers and bell realized, holy crap if we own 100% of the broadcast rights on a leafs playoff run, cha ching cha ching.

The Leafs have been basically out of cap space every year since the cap was introduced...their failure had nothing to do with not spending money.

Having Shanny, Babcock and Lamarello is not going to fix anything laffites because the team still sucks and you have a minor league roster at best. I predict the laffs will miss the playoffs again with a dismal 25 win -57 loss season.

Do you honestly think putting big names in the office is going to make the team and players better?

:rofl2::rofl2::w00t:

Having Shanny, Babcock and Lamarello is not going to fix anything laffites because the team still sucks and you have a minor league roster at best. I predict the laffs will miss the playoffs again with a dismal 25 win -57 loss season.

Do you honestly think putting big names in the office is going to make the team and players better?

:rofl2::rofl2::w00t:

Ummm yes.

Imagine if you and I ran the Leafs???

We would be fired in a week and probably assasinated

In sports, players/athletes respond to those that are legends.

Look at football. Many pros go way back to acknowledge their success was a work ethic and sportsmanship instilled from high school coaches and then move up the ladder.

Sorta like in Tampa, you think any player wants to look bad in front of steve yzerman? Ask Stamkos about him over a few beers(hed probably be drinking whey protein) what he thinks of steve and Id bet my life he doesnt say one bad thing, but praises him.

This crew in To is setting their own standard. Play for the Leaf on your jersey or pack your bags.

Strong message. Ill bet 95% off the players respond. Whether it be leadership, backchecking, defensive play, netminding, weight room and cardio etc.

Itll take time, but this is unquestionably the correct path to building a strong team in the future