Giant North Bay pike while bass fishing

LucG

Went out last Friday in search of some good bass fishing and got treated with a trophy pike.

Started out the morning fishing a Lucky Craft Gunfish (topwater walking bait) and got several good smallies over and on the edges of deeper cabbage, 6-10 fow.

Once the sun came out and got a little warmer, I started targeting pads, grass and wood, and got a few good largies on a texas rigged creature bait.

As I was burning my bait back to the boat to make another flip, this giant northern pike hammered my bait right at the boat and made a line peeling run.

She measured 42" and had a very big head and was really think. This is my first pike from Ontario that was over 40"

DSC04705_zps3a9925bf.jpg

DSC04704_zpsb9a526c6.jpg

Look and the coloration of these two smallies. One was caught in the river on a sandy and wooden bottom, the other was caught in the weeds.

DSC04725_zps621a13dd.jpg

DSC04727_zps94ccbff9.jpg

Edited by LucG

wow nice surprise! that's a beauty gator. I guess the big ones are moving in as the water temps drop with this non-existent summer we've had

This is what I was thinking. Even found a few places where the smallies have even started to school up. Is summer over already???????

wow nice surprise! that's a beauty gator. I guess the big ones are moving in as the water temps drop with this non-existent summer we've had

I was thinkin the same thing!

That is a beautiful pike, might be time for some gator fishin!!!