Tony Stewart getting a bumrap ?

darsky

One thing to throw a helmet, wanna throw a punch, threaten to wreck someone, or kick an ass.

But, deliberately run someone down with a racecar, REALLY????

Ward was dressed in black. Walks out in front of racecars on a dimly lit track. Barely missed by one and hit by another.

What a surprise?

Any change in direction of Stewart's car was more likely at the exact moment he saw Ward and hit the brakes.

Too little, too late.

Only those with a strong dislike for Tony would see it any other way.

watch the video again and pay attention to the first car that goes by, then watch stewarts car, both cars did the exact same movement at the same point in the turn, stewarts was more exaggerated probably due to being a little higher up a banked corner.

also from watching the video, it doesn't even look like the 2 cars made contact that caused the wreck, looks like the other driven spun out trying to get space from stewart, and if thats the case, false accusations on his part.

but in the end, you'll never know the whole story until you see multiple angles of the incident.

This should be interesting, to say the least..You can hear (what I think is tony) Accelerate. If they can prove that it was his car the sped up he could be in trouble. Either way it was a bad move by both drivers and there is really no way you cal lay all the blame on Tony for this one...
Mind you he is a professional driver and he knows how to handle a car..He could have missed him if he so choose..
Remember this?

Here's a quote from a local guy I know on another forum...

Let me give you some facts about Sprint Cars steering. First they have power steering but it's mounted directly to the cam shaft via a titanium spud. The faster the motor turns easier for the car to steer, hence you would give the car throttle for easier steering capabilities.

Second these car will turn left all day long but to turn right while not under full throttle is damn near impossible because the stagger differential in the tire size. At a 1/2 mile which they were on you would normally have about 12" of stagger depending on track conditions. They have a 105" right rear and a 94" left rear.

If Tony had slammed on his brakes he would lose control of all steering capabilities. Again motor rpm activates power steering. I can see where everybody is coming from who has never experienced these type of race cars.

Also Tony had no idea why the caution was out. This would not of given enough time to come up with a plan to spray or scare the dude. He would not be mad either because he didn't do anything wrong as it was just a racing deal.

If you have other sprint car questions please let m know.

I don't think it was intentional in the least... It looks to me like the vehicle swerved due to hitting the guy. Those vehicles have crap for control on a dirt track... if the right tires hit something, then the vehicle will swerve in that direction.

well now the other tapes surfaced,its shown the the internet mob mentality. yes a young man,s lost his life.a family lost a loved one..the many folks that want mob justice can easily see thru technical things driving a sprint car.. I am certainly glad I waited to hear more actual,factors involved. just think tony stewart himself dealing with this. no I am not a tony fan. I am a fan of seeing the true facts... sure glad we don't have old western justice. wewoulda hung another innocent victim.

If anyone here has ever participated in a sport like full contact hockey and football or had a job like a combat soldier, even a steelworker or miner in the pre Health and Safety days, where adrenalin and other chemicals are bombarding the brain, heart rates hit above 140, muscles are spent and very little 02 is getting to the blood and brain, you will understand why people will unconsciously do crazy things. Like biting the ear off of another Boxer to something stupid like hammering your opponent over the head with a hockey stick in front of the referee and a national television audience. A pitcher throws a 97 MPH fastball at a batters head, if he hits the mark the batters career can be done, his life actually. If you have been in that state of body and mind you know what I mean. Those that haven't are called Monday morning quarterbacks.

I truly believe this might be another example of a person that may have been in that state of body and mind that turned tragi, I reiterate, might be..

I am not saying this was the case in this tragedy. I am saying people will do things unconsciously they would never normally do because they can not help it. For someone to say a pro would never put another in harms way doesn't know of what they speak because it happens with more regularity than you can imagine.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

For someone to say a pro would never put another in harms way doesn't know of what they speak because it happens with more regularity than you can imagine.

Something like this/ A pro yes. DUMB move

Edited by Misfish

• 1 month later...

The family will be filing a wrongful death suit against Stewart and everyone connected to that race based on what the family was quoted as saying today. They contend Steward did intentionally end the kids life. Much easier to prove in civil court down there. As did the Brown family's successful civil suit against OJ. If Tony Stewart moves to Florida he knows it's coming too.

The family will be filing a wrongful death suit against Stewart and everyone connected to that race based on what the family was quoted as saying today. They contend Steward did intentionally end the kids life. Much easier to prove in civil court down there. As did the Brown family's successful civil suit against OJ. If Tony Stewart moves to Florida he knows it's coming too.

I think they have 0 case in court on account of him being high, who knows though