Tony Stewart getting a bumrap ?

darsky

I watched it many times and I am yet to see a replay that shows him turn intentionally toward the other guy. Those "vehicles" have sketchy control AT BEST. The contact looked minimal that sent him into the wall AND to wait and then run out towards Stewart amongst the flow at full speed.........? Tragic-yes, but against everything a driver should do after a crash.

Edited by darsky

I have watched it over and over as well. Disturbing.

Watch the first car. Straight through. Tony swerved. Im not saying he did it on purpose. But you can see he went up.

A very sad day.

Drivers in any race,,should just stay put.

Added note,Tony is a loose canon these days. Everytime he gets wrecked or causes one,he looks to blame others.

Edited by Misfish

Well I'm speechless. I just watched it several times and I don't think he hit him intentionally. Even though you all know Tony is my guy, those cars are not easy to control. Why would he get out on a dark racetrack and confront a vehicle?

I couldn't believe it when I first heard this morning...I know that Tony is a loose cannon, but when I watched the video I don't know what to think. The driver that left his sprint car to confront the 14 was wearing dark clothes, the track wasn't very well lit, and the car in front of Tony came close to him as well and Tony wasn't far behind him. Did Tony see him at the last minute (and try to throttle-steer - the way these things are driven - away from him)? Misfish is right in that he does seem to turn UP the track and possibly blast Ward with dirt...maybe that was his intent? I find it very hard to believe he would intentionally try to hit Ward.

Not sure what to think at this point...

Google dead spin and read the comments from Tyler Graves a race driver who was in the stands.

The first cars are easily able to avoid the victim but one of the best drivers in the world is not?

Victim at fault too should have left it for the pits. it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.

"Stewart’s car then struck Ward, throwing him about 15 meters across the track.

Ontario County Sheriff Philp Povero said his department is not investigating the incident as a criminal matter and that Stewart, a three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, has been “fully cooperative.”

Stewart was questioned at the scene and released."

It would appear it is not being investigated as a criminal matter

Cheers

Craig

I'm guessing Tony wanted to get close, got way too close and this is what happened. Although you're almost in Darwin Award territory getting out of a perfectly safe car only to confront someone else DRIVING around a slippery race track. Both stupid moves if you ask me.

I'm guessing Tony wanted to get close, got way too close and this is what happened. Although you're almost in Darwin Award territory getting out of a perfectly safe car only to confront someone else DRIVING around a slippery race track. Both stupid moves if you ask me.

Bingo

Montoya hit the jet dryer at Daytona, not Indy, something broke on Montoyas car ....big difference between that and this incident

Track lighting is good enough for 100 plus mph dirt cars, Tony could see clearly

Listen to the video, and watch the video, he mashes the throttle to give Kevin Ward a "screw you" the rear end slides out and then we see the outcome.

Stewart is a professional driver, if they are expected to control a car at 100 mph plus, he can definitely control it at caution speed.

I have seen him race dirt cars at Ohsweken a few times, he knows what he is doing in one of those cars, no doubt about it.

Sad day in motorsports, good thing Tony can afford a good lawyer because I think hes going to need it.

My heart goes out to Kevin Ward Jr family and friends

I'm waiting to see it from another angle....First instinct was he throttles it to strike him, my human nature says he throttled it to swing the rear tire away from him. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

It's nothing a few million can't smooth over (How Sad is that?)

I'm waiting to see it from another angle....First instinct was he throttles it to strike him, my human nature says he throttled it to swing the rear tire away from him. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

It's nothing a few million can't smooth over (How Sad is that?)

Yeah this is what I'm thinking as well. To even think he tried to hit this kid is absurd. Also it doesn't matter how well the track is lit, no one has any idea what Tony could and could not see. That kid just kept on walking down the track, first car missed him, Tony didn't.

Edited by BillM