What are we doing to ourselves?

Dave Bailey

What I find interesting is how so many of you guys are all bent out of shape because some poor lady didn't recognize a raspberry.

Take a look around boys, there's far more things to worry about.

Nope, just read some of the replies to this post Bill, some of these guys think everyone who lives in a city will perish in the next big storm.

maybe not everyone, but a lot more than there used to be. I think the point is that people in general are losing touch with nature, and what it provides. I work at an outdoor education center, and I see kids every week who have never set foot out of the city. I bet it would shock you to see what some of these kids are missing out on.

S.

I bet it would shock you to see what some of these kids are missing out on.

Wouldn't shock me at all Shayne but it's not limited to city kids as I can show you country kids who wouldn't know a raspberry from a goat.

I have met kids that have never been to the city and experienced such things as the subway. It works both ways.

Yep I agree. The world is a big place. A little knowledge about all aspects is important. I come from a rural area. Far to many stories of older rural folks who for health reasons are asked to consider moving to the city. Some are to stubborn or afraid to go and I have seen the stress it causes not just them but the whole family.

Us outdoor types are not superior to city people any day or in any way. We just choose this lifestyle because it is what we enjoy.

Nope, just read some of the replies to this post Bill, some of these guys think everyone who lives in a city will perish in the next big storm.

Maybe not the next big storm Lew, but I can gaurandadgumtee ya they won't make it through the coming zombie apocalypse!!! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

I just wished there was somebody else that knew how to clean fish other than me???

So true my friend so true. BTW I can't clean fish but my brother is a wiz at it. I just drop him off on an island in the river with a knife and a cooler and when he is done I pick him back up. Usually on the same day too.

Art

So true my friend so true. BTW I can't clean fish but my brother is a wiz at it. I just drop him off on an island in the river with a knife and a cooler and when he is done I pick him back up. Usually on the same day too.

Art

Joe,s a good brother. :angel: .

Art

My brothers claim they're no good at it---they seem to be good at holdin a glass and watchin me tho

My brothers claim they're no good at it---they seem to be good at holdin a glass and watchin me tho

On one of our fishing trips, the group set a rule that we all had to clean our own fish. Every year the same 3 guys, self included, wound up cleaning all the fish for 30 people. Needless to say, it was a bad decision :wallbash::oops: . At least myself and the other cook knew which fillets not to eat ;)

Yep I agree. The world is a big place. A little knowledge about all aspects is important. I come from a rural area. Far to many stories of older rural folks who for health reasons are asked to consider moving to the city. Some are to stubborn or afraid to go and I have seen the stress it causes not just them but the whole family.

Us outdoor types are not superior to city people any day or in any way. We just choose this lifestyle because it is what we enjoy.

Well said. I believe it's all about balance and personal preference.

I grew up in the city and I'm glad that I have friends who introduced me to the great outdoors. Can't imagine how much I would have missed out otherwise. So now I try to share the exprience with family, friends, and the next generation whenever I could.

That said I've brought friends to go camping (the pooping-in-the-toilet type) which became their first and last experience. To each their own I guess.

Awesome Rick. My eyes are always trying to spot edibles in the bush. Nothing better than a mitt full of raspberries down the gullet followed by another one.

yep our eyes are always open and we are almost never disappointed. I always bring 2-3 or those reusable grocery bags when were in the bush or just out and about. Last week we found a wicked blueberry patch. Walked out with enough for a whole year after 2-3 hours, and still left plenty for the bears lol. One thing we have found i abundance is chocolate mint and wild mint. Makes awesome teas when dried out. That stuff is everywhere here.