Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Carlyle seems to be stepping back a bit. Looks like Reims is not the only to blame.LOL

Macintyre,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This must be that goalie that greenhorn thinks is going to save the leafs. Theres your new goalie GH.LOL

No clue where this is coming from Misfish. All i said is Reimer has to go and I blame a couple losses on him letting in ridiculously soft goals. I also mentioned that Reimer isnt playing bad because he lost his confidence just from the one thing Carlyle said.

Bernier is our goalie of the future and one of the best in the NHL. Now we just need to improve everything else.

we have the 5th most goals against per game

3rd worst penalty kill percentage

6th least shots for per game

most shots against per game

7th worst faceoff win percentage

These are the issues i speak of, some are system related some are player related

Edited by pairofgreenhorns

And we have him for 7 more years and Im sure he is gonna get better and better :sarcasm:

I agree that Phaneuf is a frustrating player to watch and tonight he had a terrible game, and he isnt worth the money that he is paid. Although as a defensive defensemen his stats are not that bad. Compared to all other defensemen in the league he is 31st in time on ice and is consistently matched up against the oppositions top line, he has the 37th most shots, the 25th best plus/minus, and the 35th most points. As far as whether he deserves captaincy, none of you (myself included) would have a clue because your not in the dressing room. You dont get the C because your the best player. Obviously head office saw something in him. He drives me crazy sometimes but I also think he gets a bad rap more then he should.

Is Phaneuf out of shape? He loses alot of one on ones. Does he smoke? I've heard rumours he does.

I was listening to the radio the other day and insiders suggest he is playing through an upper body injury stemming from a couple games after the olympic break

No clue where this is coming from Misfish. All i said is Reimer has to go and I blame a couple losses on him letting in ridiculously soft goals. I also mentioned that Reimer isnt playing bad because he lost his confidence just from the one thing Carlyle said.

Bernier is our goalie of the future and one of the best in the NHL. Now we just need to improve everything else.

we have the 5th most goals against per game

3rd worst penalty kill percentage

6th least shots for per game

most shots against per game

7th worst faceoff win percentage

These are the issues i speak of, some are system related some are player related

We follow a system?

As I lift my head from reading the sport section, smile and take a sip of coffee as I look outside my yard, I can't help but reflect on what a beautiful day it is!

Hey, anyone know Phanufs address? I want to send him a thank you card and some flowers!

:clapping::worthy::whistling:

"" I also mentioned that Reimer isnt playing bad because he lost his confidence just from the one thing Carlyle said."" It amazes me how we seem to know what the pros are thinking. I assume that Greenhorn spoke with Reimer and this was Reimers response? Always looking for excuses in LAFF land. And Pylon is a good defenceman? Please the guy is just a tool who no longer hits and fights (LOL) picks on the smaller guys. 8 million a year for a piece of trash is expensive. :whistling:

Edited by Squid

I think Dion looks tired... he should probably take the next 7-8 years off to gain some strength back.

Leadership in a team sport is hugely important and as the "leader" of this still very much young team, Dion looks to be completely inept and has for quite some time. He does not lead by example, he does not do the dirty work required to win and my biggest fear is that he is establishing a performance standard that the young guys are told to look up to.

And to make matters worse, he's virtually un-tradable given his current contract.

At this rate, there won't be any Canadian teams making the playoffs...ba ha!

HH

Two periods of inability to make the simple play (ice the puck, take a pass or dump it deep when changing) then a different team shows up for the third period, scores a couple to get close, then lose. The same old scenario, but now out of a play off spot. Oh, it's hard to be a Leaf fan.

It sure is hard to be a loyal fan but there are alternatives. You can do what some people do:

1) Cheer for a team that's 1000's of kilometers away, in a city you've never spent any time in. Tell everyone you've ALWAYS been a fan of them.

2) Pick a team you hate worse than your own and take out all your frustrations out on them.

These seem to be very successful methods of dealing with what Dr. Phil would call "fan let down"

:rolleyes:

Edited by grimsbylander

Gotta win against Philly on Friday, get some positive vibes going and make the last few games count.. I think Bernier brought back a lot of confidence in the boys, I really wasn't expecting them to beat St.Louis yesterday that was a pipe dream.

Well with the Sens being a huge disappointment and not even close to making the playoffs....I still wanted to watch playoff games that meant something

So I was settling in to cheer for Whoever the Leafs matched up against

Now that ship has also sailed

Ice out can't come soon Phaneuf (oops Freudian typo)---enough-----so Eyes can git anglin

Well with the Sens being a huge disappointment and not even close to making the playoffs....I still wanted to watch playoff games that meant something

So I was settling in to cheer for Whoever the Leafs matched up against

Now that ship has also sailed

Ice out can't come soon Phaneuf (oops Freudian typo)---enough-----so Eyes can git anglin

They've got 80points and 8 games remaining? Still a good chance to make the playoffs.

It sure is hard to be a loyal fan but there are alternatives. You can do what some people do:

1) Cheer for a team that's 1000's of kilometers away, in a city you've never spent any time in. Tell everyone you've ALWAYS been a fan of them.

2) Pick a team you hate worse than your own and take out all your frustrations out on them.

These seem to be very successful methods of dealing with what Dr. Phil would call "fan let down"

:rolleyes:

there's too many on here that do all of the above already..lol