Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I have never liked tim and sid..During the lockout I listened every day hoping for "Breaking News" usually thats when meetings would end, early afternoon..The show they do is annoying and made for crappy afternoons working..

I have no issue with phaneuf not addressing the media, they're going to ask the same questions and he's going to give the same answers. I listened to the tim and Sid thing, and he just sounds like an angry little kid over something that in all reality didn't have to do with him other than he has a show on sportsnet to report on news. and in all reality phaneuf showed a lot of character by calling in and talking with them for the time he did so good on him, he was personally frustrated with himself in the game as he said so I can totally understand not wanting to deal with Bull from reporters lol

He probably should have dealt with reporters but he said he was emotional and didnt want to say the wrong thing for whatever thats worth.... phoning into the show he pretty much apologized, took full responsibility for his crappy game, and said its his job to pull his team out of this slump and get things going and that everyone in the room believes in the coaches and its the players that need to be better defensively and bail out there goalie.

Well well my Leaf friends will be rooting for my Habs tonite that is heart warming...and I am sure it comes from the heart right Bill.... :unsure:

My oldman has been a Habs fan since I can remember, I don't mind seeing the Habs win (unless they are playing Toronto)

Calling those two idiots is an insult to all the rest of the idiots in the world. Their yelling rant was uncalled for. Maybe they should settle this this Dion in the parking lot. These two jokes broadcast like 7 year olds. Shame on them, And this is from a Bruin fan.......muddler.

Agreed....how those super idiots got on the air in the first place is a miracle! !!!

So my father in law used to play goal back in the day. I was thinking of buying him a replica mask as birthday present. My wife didn't have any photos of the mask and just about every white mask "kind-of-looks like it?" :wallbash:

So I figured I'd just come out and ask the man what type of mask he wore. He said it was an early Jacques Plante style/brand. Now we're getting somewhere… until he comes back from the basement with his original mask.

IMAG1090_zpsa9a30b42.jpg

IMAG1087_zpsdc037e5f.jpg

He had painted it a few times. I would have put it on but the original straps seemed brittle so I did want to wreck anything.

You don't buy a copy when you already have the Mona Lisa. Back to the drawing board for gift ideas. :dunno: