Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I'll bleed blue and white forever but Carlyle needs to go, the sloppiness in our own end needs to stop, it's almost laughable how tough of a time they have getting out of their own zone sometimes. need a possession and defensive oriented approach

Nobody going down with the ship???

I'd rather them not make the playoffs then have a heartbreaker like they did against Boston, lol. I'll always be a Leaf fan, no way you'll catch me jumping on another bandwagon...

What's going to happen is they'll win their next few games, then it will be up to another team losing for them to get in, that won't happen and they'll be golfing.

Edited by BillM

Naw. They're done BILL. Always will be a fan here too. Just totally frustrated right now. Let's have a good bye Carlyle party in the off season. On Lake Nipigon. Sound good??

I'll bring the beer, you bring the specs!

ouch, seems like the leafs got a few fans hopes up again, i actually feel bad for you guys

Phaneuf was much better when he played 20mins a game, didn't have "C" and actually fought a couple people. Sure he has a hard shot, but he never hits the net, and nobody wants to screen the goalie because his shot is so unpredictable.

He was a much better player on Calgary where he was given room to make the mistakes..

Also, Lupul is too injury prone to wear the "C", he may make a great captain, but the guy plays half seasons and is one hit away from having back surgery again..

Gonna be a tough turn around with these "core" guys locked down for 6-8 years..

Draft? What do you think the rest of the league is doing? They're all looking for players of a certain type to improve their teams too. Until the Laffs adopt a team concept and all play the same style, you'll be saying the same thing next year. I lived in the GTA for 33 years and I heard that song so many times with the same result. The NEW NHL allows the one dimensional players (read 'don't touch me' Kessel) to have long rich but basically useless careers. Teams that build on total team defense first do very well.

Not even a concept in Taranta. Same results every year. Smothering defenses and offensive hitting win.

muddler

ouch, seems like the leafs got a few fans hopes up again, i actually feel bad for you guys

Phaneuf was much better when he played 20mins a game, didn't have "C" and actually fought a couple people. Sure he has a hard shot, but he never hits the net, and nobody wants to screen the goalie because his shot is so unpredictable.

He was a much better player on Calgary where he was given room to make the mistakes..

Also, Lupul is too injury prone to wear the "C", he may make a great captain, but the guy plays half seasons and is one hit away from having back surgery again..

Gonna be a tough turn around with these "core" guys locked down for 6-8 years..

I don`t think Dion`s wife likes him to fight.... :rofl2: