Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Leafs have Philly, Det, Calgary, Boston, Winnipeg, Tampa, Florida and Ottawa left to play.

I see 6 games they should have not really issues winning. They need these next few games pretty bad. If they drop the next two its fat lady time. Tough to go into a back 2 back needing to win both games, but its where its at. This one is going to come down to the wire.

Edited by jedimaster

"" I also mentioned that Reimer isnt playing bad because he lost his confidence just from the one thing Carlyle said."" It amazes me how we seem to know what the pros are thinking. I assume that Greenhorn spoke with Reimer and this was Reimers response? Always looking for excuses in LAFF land. And Pylon is a good defenceman? Please the guy is just a tool who no longer hits and fights (LOL) picks on the smaller guys. 8 million a year for a piece of trash is expensive. :whistling:

i dont have to talk to reimer to know that he was playing crap before carlyle made the comment SO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS THOUGHT PROCESS AT ALL. and i also know that pros deal with sports psychologists to learn ways to cope with such things. you not liking phaneuf is fine but just an opinion, i think he is overpaid as well, but my stats are factual and his arent that bad.

Phaneuf needs to stop that double /tripple pump to get going.He loses two strides by not going foot over foot.Watch him leave after a interview with one of the ring side panel people.If he could learn that I think he wouldn't look that slow???

your absolutely right, one of the more astute points made on the forum. he needs to spend more time with a skating coach. it stops any type of explosiveness and hinders him in corners when he misses a check and needs to recover.

Leafs have Philly, Det, Calgary, Boston, Winnipeg, Tampa, Florida and Ottawa left to play.

I see 6 games they should have not really issues winning. They need these next few games pretty bad. If they drop the next two its fat lady time. Tough to go into a back 2 back needing to win both games, but its where its at. This one is going to come down to the wire.

Ottawa , Florida, and Calgary are the only ones I could call possible gimmies, Winnipeg always seems to give us trouble if my memory serves me correctly. Detroit and Philly are playing well so those will be tough games and Tampa and Boston will most likely be losses. The chances are very slim, especially given the way we have performed defensively as of late. Even at that we need the other teams to keep losing, which isnt currently happening.

your absolutely right, one of the more astute points made on the forum. he needs to spend more time with a skating coach. it stops any type of explosiveness and hinders him in corners when he misses a check and needs to recover.[/quote

You should have suggested skating lessons when you saw him the other day I am sure he would have been receptive!

isn't grimsby closer to buffalo? :tease:

Haha good one! I lived in TO for a few years so I "qualify" to be driven nuts as a Leaf fan! Lol BUT, you got me thinking so a google mapped my home address to the First Niagara Center and then Air Canada Center. Exactly 82kms to both! Looks like I'm half way to nowhere!

Haha good one! I lived in TO for a few years so I "qualify" to be driven nuts as a Leaf fan! Lol BUT, you got me thinking so a google mapped my home address to the First Niagara Center and then Air Canada Center. Exactly 82kms to both! Looks like I'm half way to nowhere!

hahaha!

Anyone else notice that Captain Dion fled the ACC without speaking to anyone after the game the other night... not what I would call a leadership move on his part.

HH

It's a move that can not be made by someone wearing the "C". Even if they were never suited to wear a letter.

Didn't hear that. I won't pretend that I would handle questions after; a loss, during a losing streak or a personally bad game, but I'm not the one with the "C". That's the role. After the game you give the media the sound bite cliché. Nobody with any sense believes anything said, many don't listen or read the quotes but that's the dance. The media pretends it matters, the players pretend it matters, and the meatheads that paint their bodies eat it up.

I heard that those idiots Tim and Sid...went off on Dion yesterday and then Dion phoned the show and apparently he was somewhat apologetic!

Calling those two idiots is an insult to all the rest of the idiots in the world. Their yelling rant was uncalled for. Maybe they should settle this with Dion in the parking lot. These two jokes broadcast like 7 year olds. Shame on them, And this is from a Bruin fan.......muddler.

Edited by muddler