Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

It's true, I liked the team decisions much more with Burkie at the helm, I don't understand why Carlyle consistently plays 3 lines and has the 4th line on for 2-3 mins a night, when he could have holland and Ashton in place of Mclaren and Orr

that being said, I'm going to the Winnipeg game April 5th, pondering a sign I can make for randy something to the likes of "defence wins championships not dumping on your goalie " lol

Edited by leaf4

I dont blame just 1 guy its the whole team. I will say when your goalie consistently lets in 2 softies in the first 5 minutes, you dont stand a chance. But the defense has been brutal and the coaching choices blow my mind. Dont play Holland or Ashton and dress the likes of Orr. The way Reims has been treated says allot of coach Randy, he needs to go IMHO. One other observation is Bolland last-night, the man had more hits then the rest of the team in the last 3 games. What happened to the most hated team to play against? This was just last year? All to often I see opposing guys getting 2nd and 3rd shots by sticking around out front..Hit the guy, he cant score on his Ass, don't just stand there and let them score. There is lots wrong with the team and its all fixable with just a little effort. We have to hit hard and hit often, Randy needs to stop with the stupid lineup choices and his ignorant comments. Why do Orr and Mcleran (sp) get starts when Ashton and Holland look good out there?

I wish the current team played like they did last year. Hard hitting, no holds bar, defense on the opposite team were always worried about getting creamed, one of the toughest teams in the league.. This year? We've got Clarkson running around throwing late hits, taking penalties.. I just don't get what Carlyle is doing. Sure the record is great, but man we need some of that rough and tumble stuff from last year down the stretch..

Sure the record is great, but man we need some of that rough and tumble stuff from last year down the stretch..

How about a guy in front of the net. You know,the screen guy. I cant believe they use this rope a dope crap. I guess the new sticks shoot to hard and no one wants to get hit with the puck at 100+mph.

There needs to be some kind of sacrafice made.

Defence is another spot like mentioned.

I tried to play like Orr in my years of playing. Thats Bobby not Cort,but I did have some Cort times.LOL He was my and still is my idol for the best defense man to ever play the game.. Slide in front of shots to block from getting to the goalie. I like him,ended up with bad knees,but I dont regret it one bit. Sure I didnt play the top level,but knew what team play meant. Together as one. There wasnt a team I played for,from when I started at house league up to Miget rep, that if you blamed another player,you were sitting the next game.

This is what the great Canadian game is missing.

So ya coach,have a seat and think about it/

To much money and big contracts have made the game the way it is now.

They all think,,I just got paid.

Many forget who got them there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Parents money. Hard earned money for most.

I don't think there's many players in the league that don't constantly thank their parents for all the early mornings at the rink, this isn't the NFL :)

BTW, 51 is very 'Orr' like... I can't wait to see him in 2-3 years.

Edited by BillM

I don't think there's many players in the league that don't constantly thank their parents for all the early mornings at the rink, this isn't the NFL :)

Got caught up Bill. Ya many do,but some think it,s all about the money,not the game.

Reimer isn't the one out there not scoring goals... To blame him for anything other then a handful of soft goals is silly.

i believe if bernier was in we wouldn't have lost 2 of the games we did while reimer was playing. and this game would likely be tied. those soft goals are what costs you a game. it deflates your team soo badly when you cant count on your most important player to save those easy shots. sure there are other games we should have won during the year and sure bernier has had a fair share of bad games. down the stretch is when it matters most though because you need that momentum to carry into the playoffs. we have none now

The coach hardly played the "backup" (sorry "1b") goalie for 3 months and when the number 1a goalie goes down with an injury, that the coach knew about before the game, the cold goalie that he'd been mentally kicking all season didn't come up big when needed. Slow clap for Randy. You sure showed that goalie, and the media, just how smart you are. Maybe we can get Mike Nykoluk back behind the bench.

The coach hardly played the "backup" (sorry "1b") goalie for 3 months and when the number 1a goalie goes down with an injury, that the coach knew about before the game, the cold goalie that he'd been mentally kicking all season didn't come up big when needed. Slow clap for Randy. You sure showed that goalie, and the media, just how smart you are. Maybe we can get Mike Nykoluk back behind the bench.

Randys line up choices have made me scratch my head all season long but it was ok cause we were winning..Mac in net looks solid and Bozie gets us in this game..

i believe if bernier was in we wouldn't have lost 2 of the games we did while reimer was playing. and this game would likely be tied. those soft goals are what costs you a game. it deflates your team soo badly when you cant count on your most important player to save those easy shots. sure there are other games we should have won during the year and sure bernier has had a fair share of bad games. down the stretch is when it matters most though because you need that momentum to carry into the playoffs. we have none now

Last I've seen, we've lost 4 straight games... How many of those do you want to pin on the guy that's been riding the pine most of the season? And people are surprised he's playing like this? lol crystal ball

ya he should have sat his hot goalie that was winning games and played the goalie that hasnt played well all season long. theres a recipe for a worse record. stop blaming everyone else because you like reimer if the best coach in the world was behind the bench right now reimer would still be letting in soft goals.

Last I've seen, we've lost 4 straight games... How many of those do you want to pin on the guy that's been riding the pine most of the season? And people are surprised he's playing like this? lol crystal ball

i thought i made it pretty clear that im blaming two of those games on him as i stated if bernier was in net i believe we would have won at least two of the games we recently lost, and this game would likely be tied. you guys all act like reimer just started playing bad, do you not recall him losing the starting role at the beginning of the season???? he rode the pine because he couldnt string wins together, the NHL is not house league where everyone gets the same playing time, you give your team a chance to win, you keep playing, you dont, you ride the pine, and thats exactly how it should be.

i thought i made it pretty clear that im blaming two of those games on him as i stated if bernier was in net i believe we would have won at least two of the games we recently lost, and this game would likely be tied. you guys all act like reimer just started playing bad, do you not recall him losing the starting role at the beginning of the season???? he rode the pine because he couldnt string wins together, the NHL is not house league where everyone gets the same playing time, you give your team a chance to win, you keep playing, you dont, you ride the pine, and thats exactly how it should be.

Reims has been playing like garbage, no disagreement from me but I can hear it now if the Leafs don't make the playoffs, I'll give you one guess as to who it will be pinned on.. It's funny though, when he came in for Bernier against LA he played like a man possessed. Unreal game for him.. And now.... well now look at what we've got....

Reims has been playing like garbage, no disagreement from me but I can hear it now if the Leafs don't make the playoffs, I'll give you one guess as to who it will be pinned on.. It's funny though, when he came in for Bernier against LA he played like a man possessed. Unreal game for him.. And now.... well now look at what we've got....

i agree he played very well that game

Edited by pairofgreenhorns

Rimier is 1b (or a) remember (Randy's words to the media, not mine). He should play more then a back-up. Rimier started 5-6 out of 30 odd games for a stretch and that's not enough.

I don't necessarily like Remier, but I do hate the way he's been "managed" this season.

Another factor to consider is that Remier has a history of concussions (or concussion like symptoms) and took a knee to the head and had a headache after the L.A. game. Coach says "No" he was hit in the shoulder. The Leafs haven't got a point since then.

Rimier is 1b (or a) remember (Randy's words to the media, not mine). He should play more then a back-up. Rimier started 5-6 out of 30 odd games for a stretch and that's not enough.

I don't necessarily like Remier, but I do hate the way he's been "managed" this season.

Another factor to consider is that Remier has a history of concussions (or concussion like symptoms) and took a knee to the head and had a headache after the L.A. game. Coach says "No" he was hit in the shoulder. The Leafs haven't got a point since then.

very interesting point on the concussion issue. definite possibility.