A little mini rant

lew

I placed a phone order with a company on Wednesday and was told he'd get the item sent right out with FedEx and I'd have it Thursday.

I waited all the next day and it never arrived, then FedEx phoned me Thursday evening to tell me that their driver couldn't find my house. I'm 1 1/2 miles down a dirt road but I'm still easy to find. He confirmed he had the correct address and assured me I'd have it Friday.

Well Friday passed and nothing, so last night I used the tracking # and found where he couldn't find me again so I phoned Fed Ex to see what the heck is going on and was told the driver was on my road but just can't locate my house, even though it's very well marked and the road is in good shape.

I asked why he didn't just punch my address in his GPS and was told he maybe doesn't have one. I then said why didn't he just phone me for directions and was told he maybe doesn't have a cell phone either.

They say now it wouldn't be delivered over the weekend and Monday is a holiday so it'll get here Tuesday. I asked what happens if he still can't find me on Tuesday and received an "I dunno" :dunno:

What kind of company lets drivers deliver to rural areas without at least a phone when they can't find an address ??...and what happens if the truck breaks down in the middle of nowhere ??

I've always had great service from UPS & Purolator and this is my 1st and hopefully last dealing with FedEx.

And how was your week ?? :lol:

we don't have fedex up here but we face the same problems with purolator, they will not deliver to any address that isn't in a town or not on the main highway. they will not go down sideroads so when i get something shipped i have to get it delivered toeither a gas station in town or wait for them to finish their daily delivery and then they drop off the undeliverable packages to their agent in town.

kinda pisses me off considering you are paying for door to door delivery.

Yup... delivery is always a problem with just about nay carrier.. one of the problems is that alot of the delivery people in rural areas are not employees but subcontractors. were lucky in that respect, we get a ton of stuff delivered, so they all know where we are.

we don't have fedex up here but we face the same problems with purolator, they will not deliver to any address that isn't in a town or not on the main highway. they will not go down sideroads so when i get something shipped i have to get it delivered toeither a gas station in town or wait for them to finish their daily delivery and then they drop off the undeliverable packages to their agent in town.

kinda pisses me off considering you are paying for door to door delivery.

WOW...you have a Fed-Ex agent in town up there....apparently they dont in Dryden.......we have been having a whole lot of fun with them since we had to send our BB Playbook in for repair....FED-UP....not Fed-EX.

LMAO, after having 30+ years in the business of local delivery? I can tell some stories about the fun times and levels of thinking involved.

Granted the items shipped thru the companies I worked for were generally to big and heavy to ship UPS or by the mail carrier, but I always viewed those guys as assests in an area if I could find one!

I recall driving 3 mile or so down a country road, dirt and gravel, to deliver a bucket for a backhoe. Me in a 53 foot long trailer with about 25, 000 pounds on it, a tandem axle tractor, and all at once? a sign, bridge ahead 3 ton load limit. Hmmm. guess I get to practice backing for awhile?

The radio call from dispatch, we need you to make a pick up at this place located on county road yada yada. Great boss! you have me covering parts of 4 counties? Can you be just a little more specific? It will cut down map time.

UPS, the mail? those driver tend to be in the same area every day, long term. I was in the same areas at times for 8 -10 years, but lost if I got off the major highways or industrial parks.

Well, if anyone cares I FINALLY got my package.

It was guaranteed absolutely for yesterday and when he hadn't arrived by 7:00 last night I called the office once again and was told they cancelled deliveries in this area because we received 2" of snow :dunno:

They said not to worry though because today was the day....no matter what.

I waited all day today and it never arrived and I was just getting ready to call them again when the driver called me from his truck to say once again, he couldn't find me. Guess he finally decided to bring his phone to work. He was only a few miles away and with my directions...again...he was here at 6:00 and I finally got my package.

6 days to go 60 miles....not very good in my opinion. :(

Well, I feel good reading this. I found my way to youur house on my first try, no gps, and no cell phone required lol.

I drove by twice yesterday. The roads were a lot worse just north of you. I thought about stopping in, but didn't want to be a bother :)

S.

Couriers will not deliver to PO Boxes or RR addresses.

Mine's an RR address Phil, just that the driver didn't know how to read a map or use a cell phone and took him nearly a week to put it all together.

Thing is, what I was waiting for wasn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, but waiting nearly a week for something you really need right away could have a huge impact on some folks.

Edited by lew