I don't have a cell phone

Fishnwire

I'm 40 years old and don't own a cell phone. I never have. Everyone I know (under the age of 80) does own one. I'm curious how many other people are the same as me in that regard. That's the first question.

Having never had a cell phone, I've never sent a text message. I'd like to be able to do so, because I have friends who tell me the easiest way to get a hold of them is by texting. Is there some way I can send a text to a phone number over the internet from my computer? That's the other question.

Thanks.

1.Open your e-mail program and start a new e-mail message.

2.Enter the cell phone number in the To: box using the format @teleflip.com, where is the phone number of the cell phone to which you're sending the message. For example, to send a text message to cell phone 123-456-7890, enter [email protected].

3.Type a message of up to 160 characters in the message box and then click Send. Your message will shortly appear on the cell phone. You may want to test it on your own cell phone to make sure it works

Note: Many cell phone carriers allocate e-mail addresses to their customers' phone numbers to enable them receive e-mail text messages. If you know the carrier of the cell phone you want to send text messages to, you can use it instead of the teleflip.com domain name. Here are the domain names of some of the more popular carriers:

•Alltel: @message.alltel.com

•Nextel: @messaging.nextel.com

•Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com

•SunCom: @tms.suncom.com

•T-mobile: @tmomail.net

•VoiceStream: @voicestream.net

•Verizon: @vtext.com (text only) or @vzwpix.com (photos and video)

Did you copy and paste from ehow?

He doesn't have a cell, so he can't test on his own, and those are all American carriers lol.

I appreciate the info...regardless of where it came from. I guess I could have looked it up too...I'm also interested to find out how weird it is that I'm a cell phone virgin.

Thanks jose.

Edited by fishNwire

I'm 40 years old and don't own a cell phone. I never have. Everyone I know (under the age of 80) does own one. I'm curious how many other people are the same as me in that regard. That's the first question.

Having never had a cell phone, I've never sent a text message. I'd like to be able to do so, because I have friends who tell me the easiest way to get a hold of them is by texting. Is there some way I can send a text to a phone number over the internet from my computer? That's the other question.

Thanks.

Don't go and tarnish your self now , stay as you are , folks like your self are just about extinct , you may be our only link back to finding out what it was like before there were cell phone's . Do your self a favor and stay a virgina long as you can , that way you'll never get those bumps on your forehead from walking in public texting .

Edited by Skipper " D "

1.Open your e-mail program and start a new e-mail message.

2.Enter the cell phone number in the To: box using the format @teleflip.com, where is the phone number of the cell phone to which you're sending the message. For example, to send a text message to cell phone 123-456-7890, enter [email protected].

3.Type a message of up to 160 characters in the message box and then click Send. Your message will shortly appear on the cell phone. You may want to test it on your own cell phone to make sure it works

Note: Many cell phone carriers allocate e-mail addresses to their customers' phone numbers to enable them receive e-mail text messages. If you know the carrier of the cell phone you want to send text messages to, you can use it instead of the teleflip.com domain name. Here are the domain names of some of the more popular carriers:

•Alltel: @message.alltel.com

•Nextel: @messaging.nextel.com

•Sprint: @messaging.sprintpcs.com

•SunCom: @tms.suncom.com

•T-mobile: @tmomail.net

•VoiceStream: @voicestream.net

•Verizon: @vtext.com (text only) or @vzwpix.com (photos and video)

Well it doesn't work with Telus or Rogers, bunko info. <_<

I'm 40 also and don't have a cell, never had one, and don't want one

I also don't have a facebook account, never even seen the Twitter website, etc

I don't fear technology, I want to resist it though, that's just me

Have a GPS for your car? Want one? You can have mine. Needs new screen, broke it with hammer!

Technically, i own a Cellphone, but i absolutely HATE it. Its an Android STUPID smartphone.

I like it that when the phone rings, you pick it up and say HELLO.No slideing down the bloody locked screen, or straining to see the numbers, or pressing the wrong TINY icon on a really TINY screen.wallbash.gif And when you have fingers too damp or too dry, you cant even answer the dang thingwallbash.gif

Text message????Gimme a break.I cant even get my hands close enough together to type on that pitiful excuse for a keyboardwallbash.gif

So ya, i have one, but dont call me on it, cause i ain't answering it w00t.gif

I'm looking at my late 50's and I still don't have one. But I'm probably going to get one this year. I usually go out fishing by myself and maybe "for once in my life" I should listen to her and carry one in case of some emergency. Hope I never have to use it though.

My brother is in his 30's and has never had a cell phone. I've suggested that he at least have a pay as you go phone for minor emergencies but he has resisted so far.

That is all I have ever had. I make about three calls a year. The pay as you go is also a gimmick, I'd you don't top up in time all the money that is built up is gone, a rip off that is!

VEVER ON A PLAN if tou don't use it!