State record Muskie rumor

mistaredone

I pulled this off another board posted yesterday.

Again this is not from me

If true it would be a state record

Thought I would share what I saw today. I went down to the Ellsworth Farmers Exchange to get some gas around 1:30 this afternoon and saw several people gathered around the back of a truck. I figured somebody shot a nice buck, but after fueling I walked over and saw one monster of a fish. I wish I would have had my phone so I could have gotten a pic. I talked to the fisherman who ran the fish to the Farmers Exchange to be weighed on a certified scale and he said it was 59 lbs. He said they caught it in Lake Bellaire which is just up the chain from the previous record which came from Torch Lake about four or five years ago. It was on the tailgate of a Toyota Tundra and darn near filled the whole tailgate! I think he said it was 54" long, but I wasn't paying to close attention to the length. The lady working at the farmers xchange said they were from down state. I wish I had pics to share, but thought I would pass it along anyway. Looked like a freshwater shark!

Obvious flaw in the story. There is now way that fish could possibly weigh 58 pounds. Everbody knows the tailgate ot a Toyota Tundra cannot support that kind of weight.

Just kidding. Any chance to get Billybob riled up and I'll take it. I actually drive a Tundra too.

Obvious flaw in the story. There is now way that fish could possibly weigh 58 pounds. Everbody knows the tailgate ot a Toyota Tundra cannot support that kind of weight.

Just kidding. Any chance to get Billybob riled up and I'll take it. I actually drive a Tundra too.

uglymanlaugh.gif

That's a long fish! The current record pic is way bigger because the guy is holding it away from his body for the camera but a giant still. This fish is three grown men long and the guy on the left is using his forearm to brunt the wieght. It says on the other board that it was verified by a co at 58 plus pounds breaking the current record by around 8lbs. The scale needs to be tested now for the books. Congrats to the angler!!!!! Beast of a fish!!!!!!

Edited by mistaredone

LOL...