Greencoachdog

Thanks for all the well wishes guys... I just got a call from the surgeons office, my Surgery has been cancelled yet again :( mine as well as three others... this is this crap has been going on since September... Needless to say I am seeing red... Hope the surgeon enjoys his long weekend

Wait times down my ass!!!

Gerritt.

Well, I was going to wish you all the best for the surgery and a speedy recovery but... well, look at the bright side, you still have to hands available to give your new boss "the bird" ! :whistling: :whistling: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: Just tell him it is part of the on-going physio therapy!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

I can emphasize with you pal...it took 14 months from the time the sawbones said I needed an operation for the bulging disc in my back 'til the deed was done...

It is good that fishing taught us patience... :whistling:

Hang in there !

Hope it goes without a hitch.

Jest wonderin' I just have to ask..

How does a guy who has a bad hand, still manage to squeeze the bejesus out of your hand. :dunno:

I found out at the Fishing for Tyler event.

When I mentioned to him, he had a grip like Vise Grip, he replied proudly it was his bad hand, not his "good hand". :blink:

I have a sore left arm, which causes my hand to be very weak because of the pain. Theres' no way I could excert any pressure shaking someones' hand by any more than what a 3 year old kid could excert. :(

LOL... That was my bad hand Clamp-it and I wasnt trying to squeeze yah!

As for why I was able to shake your hand.... It is my wrist that is screwed not my fingers or palm when you shake a persons hand you generally use the whole arm (in an up and down motion) therefore putting very little stress on the wrist.

Years of hard work do that to a guy I guess.

Thanks again everyone!

Gerritt.

Heya PH,

I broke a couple bones in my wrist that have not healed as of yet... 6 months and counting... I was unable to work in construction any longer (I was off for what seemed like forever) and wound up taking a new job and a new path in life.... perhaps this was a blessing in disguise as I love my new job and the people that come along with it! I honestly could not ask for a better boss that being said.. I just want this whole thing behind me.. I was nervous last night and have been nervous from the day I got the appointment but last night was the worst (as were the other nights for the other appointments) I wasnt able to eat or drink and was up all night... (Yes my nerves get the best of me) only to be called 45 minutes before I was supposed to arrive there. The tough part? not being able to have my morning coffee... man was I miserable! LOL

I asked why my surgery was cancelled this was the answer" I ahve been seeing alot of this lately" this is complete crap

I have talked to a few government officials today and have tried to talk to the president of HHSC (Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation) and will hopefully gain a bit of headway over the next little bit. Like I said I just want to be better and have full use of my hands. I am not one for taking pills and have dealt with this without the need for painkillers (No beer is not a pain killer lol ) but I am starting to crack a little bit as the constant pain and discomfort is becoming a little to much.. While I am strong willed and hate pills... the need for relief is starting to creep more and more into my mind.

have a great night PH and thanks for asking!

Gerritt.

Sorry to hear it was canceled...Remind me please, was this a carpal tunnel operation?

Getting old and forgetful I guess.