Pickup thru ice on Simcoe

cheaptackle

That's the one Joey. Not meaning to sound ghoulish but I wonder if we'll see the vehicle recovery and hear more about what happens with charges etc. against the driver? I shudder to think of how this COULD have ended up if they didn't have the time to get out?

Michael

So how does that work in Canada....does their car insurance pay for everything/anything..... dunno.gif

I 'heard' down here you would be crap out of luck, but really don't know for sure when it comes to insurance on something this dumb.... dunno.gif

Its part of our culture apparently, so yes its insured with PDL coverage. It has to be insured, because who could afford to remove their vehicle from 30 feet of water and the subsequent MOE fines. Definitely insured. You wouldnt see half the vehicles on the ice if it wasn't.

Edited by Rod Caster

So how does that work in Canada....does their car insurance pay for everything/anything..... :dunno:

I 'heard' down here you would be crap out of luck, but really don't know for sure when it comes to insurance on something this dumb.... :dunno:

All depends on the particular insurance company and the level of coverage. Some do, some don't. All it does is make the price for everyone else go up, you sink it, you pay for it out of your own pocket.

So how does that work in Canada....does their car insurance pay for everything/anything..... dunno.gif

I 'heard' down here you would be crap out of luck, but really don't know for sure when it comes to insurance on something this dumb.... dunno.gif

HEY BILLY BOB...THE INSURANCE COMPANY UP HERE DOES PAY FOR IT...THEY ACCUALLY PAY FOR STUPIDITY..THE COST CAN BE SOMETIMES OVER 100.000.00 NOT INCLUDING THE TRUCK

HEY BILLY BOB...THE INSURANCE COMPANY UP HERE DOES PAY FOR IT...THEY ACCUALLY PAY FOR STUPIDITY..THE COST CAN BE SOMETIMES OVER 100.000.00 NOT INCLUDING THE TRUCK

Well, actually in a way I'm glad they do pay.......but again I would think there should be a 1 time limit to this nonsense.....don't you think.... :dunno:

There is a 1 time limit and your premiums sky rocket as well.

There is also the $500.oo per day fine from the ministry.

Fines from the police.

Recovery fee's ect

Thousands of dollars by the time it's all over.

The driver needs to be treated like a penguin from every one.

PenquinSlap.gif

There is a 1 time limit and your premiums sky rocket as well.

There is also the $500.oo per day fine from the ministry.

Fines from the police.

Recovery fee's ect

Thousands of dollars by the time it's all over.

yup. And if the insurance company consider it careless driving, like our subject above, you will get charged and be on the hook for the entire recovery bill.