NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

At least they got a point, better then a big fat goose egg.

yea... but at this time of year... a point, isnt gonna help them. they need 2 points. cant be losing games like this, they should have won. they outplayed NJ for the better part of the game, and a couple defensive gaffs, and poor goaltending, cost them.

Yah, I would agree with BillM on this one. They played hard all game, gustaf made a few good saves, but did let in some sucky goals. That last one was a dagger in the back. Is Turco that out of the question for the stretc run? They deserved that one point. If they had better goal tending they should have had 2 points. That was a tough one. Lupals face at the end was priceless.

Yup, Kessel, Lupol play decent but still don't get er done! D sucks and you get away with a lucky point. Problem is, the pack is pulling away, quickly, and the Laffs are spiraling out of control..lololol

Not sure, but do any of you guys really expect it to change? Same ol same ol as far as I can see. Effort can't always match better competition, and the laffs luck is running out!

GO SENS GO

Without adding anything else to the teams, a good goalie would have added several wins to the season thus far for the leafs. It should be more apparent now than ever that the goaltending is the weak point for the leafs. Similar position to the Sens actually, both are near the bottom in goals against this year. I would take reimer or gustavsun's GAA as a backup over either the Sens Auld any day of the week. The starting goalie for the sens is only marginally better than either of our two backups. I just hope the leafs can pick up a goaltender. I would think Boston will be shedding a goalie this offseason, perhaps even vancouver. Nitimake, roloson, huet and vokoun are all free agents this year afaik, so there is the possibility of upgrading.

The goaltending has not been very good. If it was there would be one goalie playing. Reimer isn't a starter yet. Gustaf still let's in the weak ones almost every game. The leafs need to ride one guy and pick up a vet goal help him in the offseason. Reimer has term and the contract. Schnieder is an rfa, maybe Burke can pick him up. Likely not as burke won't do an offer sheet. One guy needs to be given the starts. 20 games left its go time.

Goofstavsen is back!laugh.gif I never liked his play, he is mediocre at best. The air canada center is but a giant goalie cemetary.

They need to take some tips from the coyotes who can turn any backup goalie into a vezina contender....beyond that the Coyotes have nothing to offer haha.

I don't think their goaltending has been that bad to be honest, people are just focusing on it because of last nights game. For the most part both goalies do a decent job, however nothing like the stand on your head goaltending the Leafs had in the early-mid 90's.

I don't think their goaltending has been that bad to be honest, people are just focusing on it because of last nights game. For the most part both goalies do a decent job, however nothing like the stand on your head goaltending the Leafs had in the early-mid 90's.

Nope, here is what I posted in the first page of this thread on the 16th:

Regardless of Nash in the lineup, Leafs are not getting past first round without a goalie. Probably won't make the playoffs with who they have in net now.

Reimer is the only thing that weasel has hit in his whole career. Who knows what Reimer was/is going to be but he has not been the same. The defensive play of the team also impacts the goaltending. They try to press the other team (remember the game against the wings?) When it works they look very good, when it doesn't there are breakdowns that look horrible.

G looked very bad on 3 goals last night but there were some saves in the third that kept the team in the game.

Edit: Flippin' phone auto spell.

Edited by kickingfrog

I would rather let in the good honest goals by the other team than weak goals any day of the week. This may sound stupid but I would trade that kovalchuk breakaway save for one of any of the weak goals. Did you see lupals face? Its a heart breaker to lose on a bad flub goal like that.

I have to agree with both camps here... the goaltending has not been consistant and at times has looked amateur, but what really stands out to me, has been the play of their "better" defense men.

Both Lyles and Dion have looked like crap in the last few weeks. I won't comment on the kids' play as, well, they are still kids and have a lot of learning and growing to do... but the established guys have looked aweful... especially Dion.

It pains me to say this, but I will continue to believe, much like I have for most of the season, that this team will not make the play-offs. :wallbash:

HH

As much as the Def suck the goalies are there to stop things that the Def can't. I have seen gus bite before the shoter has even made a move, he is always on his knees before they shot and Riemer has looked like crap since he has returned.

As much as alot of you complain about Grabo he plays with more heart then most of the leafs they all make mistakes. I would rather Grabo cough it up after rushig in the corner then Kessel stop skating after it because someones skating at him from the other team. I have seen kessel avoid getting the puck in the corner to avoid a hit never grabo though. Kessel gets as many points as he does because he has lupul and people helpimg him. The odd point because of digging but not many.

As much as the Def suck the goalies are there to stop things that the Def can't. I have seen gus bite before the shoter has even made a move, he is always on his knees before they shot and Riemer has looked like crap since he has returned.

As much as alot of you complain about Grabo he plays with more heart then most of the leafs they all make mistakes. I would rather Grabo cough it up after rushig in the corner then Kessel stop skating after it because someones skating at him from the other team. I have seen kessel avoid getting the puck in the corner to avoid a hit never grabo though. Kessel gets as many points as he does because he has lupul and people helpimg him. The odd point because of digging but not many.

Grabo always stays clear of the dirty areas, and anytime someone touches him he gets knocked down. And he doesn't play with more heart then anyone. If u really watch him, he floats around a lot and let's others do the work. Kessel tends to play the same way, early in the season when he was at his best, he was gettin in and forechecking. Grabo has a me first mentality most of the time. If u really watch him, u can see it.

Nice quote from Burke, need to see what the going prices are for goalies. Talk about a lack of confidence quote, bwahahaha. It's shocking how much the laffs sucking can dominate the airwaves, kind of sad actually. But you gotta admit those goals were Lalime quality, or maybe even worse. All the comments about Kessel avoiding making plays if he's going to be hit, they are so true, it's all about kessel and not the team. He's got figjam big time.

At this rate the laffs will finish out of the playoffs and just out of a good draft pick, again...lol

Go Sens Go