NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

I think carter would be a better trade than nash$ I am not knocking nash but the leafs need a center more than another winger.

Neither nash nor carter are playmakers in the truest sense and I think that's part of the reason that they haven't clicked with each other. Injuries also impacted carter's start.

I don't like either player's term, or trade cost.

Leafs need more help keeping pucks out of their own net then they do putting pucks in the other. A big, playmaking, centre sure would be nice, but what teams doesn't want/need one of those?

Edited by kickingfrog

Neither nash nor carter are playmakers in the truest sense and I think that's part of the reason that they haven't clicked with each other. Injuries also impacted carter's start.

I don't like either player's term, or trade cost.

Leafs need more help keeping pucks out of their own net then they do putting pucks in the other. A big, playmaking, centre sure would be nice, but what teams doesn't want/need one of those?

Like Spezza??

:rofl2::w00t:

Tell me you wouldn't swap Panuf for Karlsson? Or anyone for Spezza, heck I'd bet if it came down to it, laff fans would welcome D. Alfredsson (praise Alfie)with open arms if they thought he'd help them win.

Fact is Burke keeps making idiotic, media driven acquisitions and the fans eat it up.

Look at the Wings, Penguins and even Ottawa for that matter, they have had the luxury of quality top management. Years of success and able to rebound when needed, the laffs have had Burke, and Wilson.

Silly laffs, when will they ever learn?

:rofl2::w00t:

Spezza? The Leafs already have forwards that don't hit.

Years of top quality management???

Wings - cups, Penguins -cup, Zeros-bupkiss.

The penguins drafted right at the top for years, it had nothing to do with quality management.

Edited by kickingfrog

Spezza? The Leafs already have forwards that don't hit.

Years of top quality management???

Wings - cups, Penguins -cup, Zeros-bupkiss.

The penguins drafted right at the top for years, it had nothing to do with quality management.

Are you saying having Mario Lemieux as an owner didn't have any thing to do with their success???

Think again ;)

So is that a no on Spezza as a leaf? You didn't outright say no, and I actually saw him throw a few checks the other night....amazing!! :lol: :lol:

Are you saying having Mario Lemieux as an owner didn't have any thing to do with their success???

Think again ;)

So is that a no on Spezza as a leaf? You didn't outright say no, and I actually saw him throw a few checks the other night....amazing!! :lol: :lol:

Finishing last and drafting flurry, gino and winning the crosby lottery had nothing to do with mario. but by all means keep bring up more facts.

Where spezza's checks on purpose? Where they his own teammates?

Finishing last and drafting flurry, gino and winning the crosby lottery had nothing to do with mario. but by all means keep bring up more facts.

Where spezza's checks on purpose? Where they his own teammates?

Ok, so they did it all on their own, I see where the laffs problems fall now. On their "the draft will do it all for us" attitude...but wait....that didn't work for the laffs either. Why you ask? :dunno: :dunno:

Because Burke traded them all away.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

And yah.....Spezza runs around checking his own team mates... :rofl2::thumbsup_anim::wallbash::blink:

Imagine that :whistling:

Kudos to the Sens for bouncing back after that ugly stretch.

We'll see if "my" Leafs can do the same. This week should tell the story.

It is interesting how a schedule can benefit a team, the Sens have 12 of their last 22 against teams that are lower in the standing and the Leafs have a rather tough schedule ahead of them. It will be interesting to see how they do.

It is interesting how a schedule can benefit a team, the Sens have 12 of their last 22 against teams that are lower in the standing and the Leafs have a rather tough schedule ahead of them. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Wow, four points for Carelson. Good stuff. Ott is looking promising right now. Still, I can't stand hearing or seeing Spezza. I've never seen anybody back-pass out of the opposition's zone so many times. rofl2.gif

The leafs are old news now; looks like the Jets have as much of a chance at making the playoffsclapping.gifthumbsup_anim.gif 2 more poiints and they will sit third in the Eastw00t.gif The MTS Center will go NUTS if they make it in this year.

The Southeast division is a joke...where else can you go from 10th to 3rd overnight?

Put it this way then, one more point and WPG takes over 8th from the leafs.

Pacific is close, PHX can jump from 7th to 3rd with three more points. They are currently 2 points away from 9th.

Edited by Rod Caster

I'll be mid way up the 300 level with the real fans...not the 15 minutes late for each period, suits, caviar and champagne clique down at ice level. laugh.gif

Yeah, I've never been closer than that so these tics in TB are gonna be a treat!!!

PS I'll be there for the warm up, none of this late stuff. :D

Coudn't afford those seats in TO even if you could get 'em. :glare:

Sinclair was that you with the cowboy hat and the lollipop dancing? rofl

tough game so far. I would love to be watching the winnipeg game at the same time. To be honest if the leafs get knocked out by any team in the NHL I hope its the peggers. WOul dbe a great story to see them in the play offs.

Not that I want the leafs to miss.

lol what a joke. good work by the kessel/lupal line. but again, very poor defense.... and by the usual suspects, phaneuf and liles. and of course, gustavsson and his horrible play lets in 3 just plain and simple horrible goals and costs us the game.