NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Hmmmmm....awful quiet on here tonight, I wonder why???

Was there another laff loss??

Maybe 1 win in their last 8 maybe???

I think a trade with phanuf for a goat would be a good trade right about now!!

Seriously though, how bad can defense get before they trade for someone, anyone who can do something?

This is getting embarrassing, even for a non laff fan!

I think they need to fire Burke

I really think you should keep your goat.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

tough break with andy cutting himself but i'll still put money on the sens being in the post-season, and the laffs having tee times booked for glen abbey on april 8th.

15 yrs ago or so the Leafs competed when they had players who would go into the corners with their head down if they had to.

Every team needs at least one pretty boy with fancy tape on their sticks that float around the red line wating for a puck on the tape, but the leafs have a dozen.

I can't help but be a frustrated fan supporting a team that is supposed to be the Hockey Mecca, brings in the most revenue by far but has one of the worst gelled teams on the ice. Not just for one year, or two, or five.... There is no excuse IMO.

Fill the team with Clarkson like players from NJ and one hollywood Kessel at the red line youcould at least say, wow what a shift.

I feel a little better, I really do want to watch leaf games agian and care. Hopefully soon.

Edited by Harrison

They're just positioning themselves for their usual late season push...only they're starting in 9th instead of 12 this year thumbsup_anim.gif

Ehhh 12th , 9th doesnt really matter.They get in great,if not it wont be a surprise. What I find humorous are the so called "other teams fans" who focus on the Leafs and where they sit in the standings.Oh or should I say Laffs, oh my that is quite clever.Their only true agenda is trying to agitate supporters of the Leafs with the standard mindless drivel.

I mean seriously if you want to hold someone up as a shinning example of a great player I highly doubt anyone with hockey knowledge jumps at the name Alfredsson.There are no current Leafs on that list either as I did say seriously.The same can be said for a great team,Sens ...reeeaaalllyy.you want great and stands a chance at winning the cup look at detroit,vancouver,bruins etc.....

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

p.s. none of us sens fans are planning any parades... just happy our kids are competing harder than the team the last few years. as long as we're trending upward i won't complain.

As I said limited hockey knowledge leads to trying to agitate fans rather than a hockey based discussion.

Hey i would love to see a Canadain team win the cup.Just dont see it happening anytime soon,unless of course Vancouver pulls of a miracle.

I would love to see any Canadian team win except Ottawa.

I'll cheer for Vancouver once Luongo, Burrowes, and the Sedin sisters are gone.

Naw I am Canadian first and would cheer for Ottawa , Montreal or whomever but it just isnt happening.

The playoffs are a completely different animal and toughness is the flavour of the day.Karlsson is an amazing player right now but come playoff time he might get eaten alive.The same can be said of the leafs Gunnerson.While not the same quality as Karlsson he is in the same boat when it comes to durability.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

As I said limited hockey knowledge leads to trying to agitate fans rather than a hockey based discussion.

I have pretty good sense of the game and am blessed enough to get to watch a lot of hockey. If you want to discuss any of the finer points of the game, I'd be more than willing to oblige, especially if we are talking "hockey", as opposed to talking "leafs". But, given that us sens fans used to consider the leafs our arch nemesis, I see no problem in the "mindless" joshing that goes on in these threads. We're all big boys and most of us get a kick out of trying to rile the other guys up. As far as focusing on the leafs, don't feel special. I like to bash the habs just as much.

I cheered for Montreal when they made that run a couple years ago.

But the Sens....I was in a bar in Toronto where everyone was cheering for Anaheim in 2007. The hatred runs deep.

Depends on the bar.Sometimes its best to go with the crowd and make it out alive biggrin.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The hatred runs deep.

amen brother. i miss the days when our insults were of substance and the stakes were real. i will cheer for toronto though... the habs, i won't even say their name without spitting.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I hate Ottawa more than Philly, and that's bad.

My hate list:

Ottawa

Philly

Vancouver

Montreal

New Jersey

I find myself disliking individual players rather than teams.Ribero,Matt Cooke as examples,really its just what they bring to the game.

Boyce and Rosehill on waivers,somethins a brewin thumbsup_anim.gif

I agree, something is brewing. Id like to see Burke move Army and Komi ASAP. they are just healthy scratches night after night. I also think Wilson has got to tell Reims he is the #1 going ahead. This pressure of "win and your in" has destroyed both of these young goalies. Grabo wants over 5 mill a year, with him a free agent in the summer I willing to bet he gets moved as a rental to a contending team. If burke does make a big move (witch I doubt) between today and Monday id be a happy leafer. If we don't make the playoff's I can say Willy is a goner..Thats all I have to say for now...

". But, given that us sens fans used to consider the leafs our arch nemesis, I see no problem in the "mindless" joshing that goes on in these threads. We're all big boys and most of us get a kick out of trying to rile the other guys up.

The funny thing is how riled up some of the guys get.

I'm as big a Leafs fan as anyone on here, but, don't take it personally. My biggest thrill right now is seeing the Habs in the basement, sad as that may sound :)

Boyce and Rosehill on waivers,somethins a brewin thumbsup_anim.gif

Not sure if somethings brewing, they just weren't performing, so wasting a roster spot that could be filled with someone that might actually score seems silly. Not sure a trade will make any difference for the Leafs at this point. I just can't see them making anykind of playoff run if they actually get into the playoffs. Burke should keep sight on building a team through the draft and minors. I can see making a trade if they were battling the Rangers or Bruins for top spot, but they're not there yet.

I agree, something is brewing. Id like to see Burke move Army and Komi ASAP. they are just healthy scratches night after night. I also think Wilson has got to tell Reims he is the #1 going ahead. This pressure of "win and your in" has destroyed both of these young goalies. Grabo wants over 5 mill a year, with him a free agent in the summer I willing to bet he gets moved as a rental to a contending team. If burke does make a big move (witch I doubt) between today and Monday id be a happy leafer. If we don't make the playoff's I can say Willy is a goner..Thats all I have to say for now...

A few teams have asked about Armstrong,Komi however,not so muchbiggrin.gif The trouble with Reimer actually stems back to Allaire and his style.Reimer was decent when he came into the NHL as everyone remembers.Allaire got ahold of him on a regular basis and changed his style to suit his teachings.Reimer shrinks in net with his head down.When you have a big athletic goalie you should work on his reactionary skills and use a combintaion approach rather than my way or the highway,adapt kid or see you later.I would rather see Mitch Korn in Toronto than Allaire.

LA asked about Grabo in the past so packaging him with Schenn would get Brown,a much needed addition.Take it for what it is worth but Nash is pushing for Toronto as his destination.

I just can't see them making anykind of playoff run if they actually get into the playoffs. Burke should keep sight on building a team through the draft and minors. I can see making a trade if they were battling the Rangers or Bruins for top spot, but they're not there yet.

"Playoffs" for the 3 rd consecutive season under Burke we are not likely making the post season ruling out " getting our ass kicked in the first round". Okay isn't this called developing playoff experience? Has a team ever won the cup who had no one with any previous playoff experience? So if I understand this when we do finally make the post season we will likely be going to the cup finals?

Taken from mapleafs.com, but this guy has a good point. Why not "just get in" They do need to develope playoff experience..