NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

"Playoffs" for the 3 rd consecutive season under Burke we are not likely making the post season ruling out " getting our ass kicked in the first round". Okay isn't this called developing playoff experience? Has a team ever won the cup who had no one with any previous playoff experience? So if I understand this when we do finally make the post season we will likely be going to the cup finals?

Taken from mapleafs.com, but this guy has a good point. Why not "just get in" They do need to develope playoff experience..

Its all about the money the playoffs generate.Playoff rounds equal revenue and owners love revenue !

A few teams have asked about Armstrong,Komi however,not so muchbiggrin.gif The trouble with Reimer actually stems back to Allaire and his style.Reimer was decent when he came into the NHL as everyone remembers.Allaire got ahold of him on a regular basis and changed his style to suit his teachings.Reimer shrinks in net with his head down.When you have a big athletic goalie you should work on his reactionary skills and use a combintaion approach rather than my way or the highway,adapt kid or see you later.I would rather see Mitch Korn in Toronto than Allaire.

LA asked about Grabo in the past so packaging him with Schenn would get Brown,a much needed addition.Take it for what it is worth but Nash is pushing for Toronto as his destination.

Awesome Chance, you and I think alike..As far as Allaire goes its time to move on. Look at how many goalies he has messed up. It all started with Giggy under JFJ and then Fletcher. The man has got to go. Its almost like our golaies start to strugle a bit then Alliare gets into their heads..Argh....

The trouble with Reimer actually stems back to Allaire and his style.Reimer was decent when he came into the NHL as everyone remembers.Allaire got ahold of him on a regular basis and changed his style to suit his teachings.Reimer shrinks in net with his head down.When you have a big athletic goalie you should work on his reactionary skills and use a combintaion approach rather than my way or the highway,adapt kid or see you later.I would rather see Mitch Korn in Toronto than Allaire.

Are you Ray Ferraro? You must have watched yesterdays game on TSN because that's pretty much exactly what he said.

Frankie: habs in the basement is great entertainment isn't it?. Hahahabs. I can't believe how badly that team drafts

Edited by Rod Caster

"Playoffs" for the 3 rd consecutive season under Burke we are not likely making the post season ruling out " getting our@$$ kicked in the first round". Okay isn't this called developing playoff experience? Has a team ever won the cup who had no one with any previous playoff experience? So if I understand this when we do finally make the post season we will likely be going to the cup finals?

Taken from mapleafs.com, but this guy has a good point. Why not "just get in" They do need to develope playoff experience..

I agree that they would benefit from making the playoffs for the experience, most successful teams go through this process, so I hope they can squeak in. I just can't believe that making a few trades (trading assets) at this point is benficial to a team trying to grow into a playoff team. Getting rid of the dead wood would be fine; however, no other GM seems to biting at them. Really, they aren't going anywhere this year, so wait until the summer to add some missing pieces.

And I can't figure Nash out, he had the opportunity to go anywhere he wanted when he was a free agent and what did he do? He signed with that powerhouse team he is presently playing for. He didn't want anything to do with TO at that time.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

burkie could be up to something. rumour has it he's still in the works for rick nash although he will literally have to sell the farm to get him. at least he didn't blame waiving rosehill on the state of the game like he did with colton orr.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Are you Ray Ferraro? You must have watched yesterdays game on TSN because that's pretty much exactly what he said.

accuses me of not being knowledgeable then plagiarizes a popular hockey commentator!!! i love it. go leafs go!

accuses me of not being knowledgeable then plagiarizes a popular hockey commentator!!! i love it. go leafs go!

Uh hu yeah now ya got it. Its common knowledge throughout the NHL what Allaire does to goalies.Did you honestly think it was some super insider secret that only Allaire and Reimer knew about.rolleyes.gif Oh and for the record I did not say you were not knowledgeable.I said you had limited hockey knowledge.Not knowing what is common knowledge is also a sign of limited knowledge.

Edited by Chance

Frankie: habs in the basement is great entertainment isn't it?. Hahahabs. I can't believe how badly that team drafts

Naw I am much taller,wouldn't mind his pay cheque though.Missed most of the game last night but doesnt sound like I missed much from a Leafs perspective.It sounds like Ferraro said what everyone is well aware of.You only need to watch a handful of games to see both Reimer and Gus have changed styles.Obviously it isnt working for either,no other suspect but the teacher.

Out of curiosity did Ferraro mention Mitch Korn ? I would love to see him in Toronto and think he would turn things around with Reimer and Gus.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

well shucks. you've got me. i have limited knowledge of the game of hockey. i feel humbled to be in the same online forum as such an illustrious armchair gm as yourself. if only you were in charge, the leafs wouldn't be in such poor shape.

did you play the game, coach the game, or did you learn all your knowledge from watching coach's corner?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Grabo, and any player, are only "worth", what a GM is willing to pay them. 4m/year is probably closer to his "worth", compared to others with similar numbers.

no, even 4 mil is way too much. its no secret i dont like grabovski. but for him, i wouldnt pay much more then 2mil a year fr his services. and even then, i would damand more from him and make him a much more accountable defensive zone player. trading him would be smart rite now, his value is high and u can get something god in return. seeing dustin brown in a leaf jersey would be nice. i like his style of play. trading schenn would be a stupid move. they need defense, trading arguably ur best defensive dman, is not smart. moving kadri, also dumb. kid just keeps getting better as he grows and learns. nash would be great to have. but cant sell the farm to get him. burke is smart, he'll figure something out i hope. nash playing along tim connally could be a scary combo. kulemin on the other side and u could have a very dominate line to back kessel, lupal and bozak.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I wonder if we are getting all the information. Most people hold a knife with their blocker hand.

for some reason when i heard about this all i could think about was clint malarchuk. gross.

Was really wishing that I woke to the "Wilson fired" heading today. Too bad its not going to happen. I'm starting to get ready to jump onto the Tank Nation bandwagon, keep the youth, package out some vets for picks/prospects. Nash is redundant now, I'd way rather Burke make a huge push for Parise on July 1st.

Burke was offered a first rounder grabo. After last night washout of a game the leafs have gone from buyer to sell monday everything willbecome clear. If the leafs dump gustaf and grab they are selling, hopefully they can get a few good draft picks, I would think gustaf and grab won't re sign and burke will move them both and pick up a goalie in the ufa season. Hopefully they can pile up a few more draft pickss and use them as bait to get a big center.

Burke was offered a first rounder grabo. After last night washout of a game the leafs have gone from buyer to sell monday everything willbecome clear. If the leafs dump gustaf and grab they are selling, hopefully they can get a few good draft picks, I would think gustaf and grab won't re sign and burke will move them both and pick up a goalie in the ufa season. Hopefully they can pile up a few more draft pickss and use them as bait to get a big center.

There's still time to do something,if he chooses to do nothing I think this time their will be some fan and media uproar towards Burke big time imo.

There's still time to do something,if he chooses to do nothing I think this time their will be some fan and media uproar towards Burke big time imo.

The problem now is this terrible stretch has put the Leafs in a worse position for dealing. They look desperate, and Other GM's can smell that a mile away.

The problem now is this terrible stretch has put the Leafs in a worse position for dealing. They look desperate, and Other GM's can smell that a mile away.

I honestly dont think Burke could care less. He is the type of GM that deals only if he gets what he wants in return. He honestly could care less what other gm'S think or smell.. On another note the Sens pick-up Ben Bishop from the Blues. looks like the Anderson kitchen blunder is going to be a while healing...

I honestly dont think Burke could care less. He is the type of GM that deals only if he gets what he wants in return. He honestly could care less what other gm'S think or smell.. On another note the Sens pick-up Ben Bishop from the Blues. looks like the Anderson kitchen blunder is going to be a while healing...

So it's his fourth year I believe,how many years does it take to get what you want?.This is the most valuable team in the league,also I believe the highest ticket prices,let's get moving Burke,or it'll be another who knows how many years,just to make the playoffs!.