NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Maybe--Captain of an eastern Canadian team to make the finals within recent memory or winner of Presidents trophy

Who was the leaf captain in 1967---the last time they made the finals

aka 45 years ago or 2.25x the years the Sens have been playing in the modern era

Springsteen sings it---"Glory days....they'll pass ya by..."

another failed "justification".......

Yes, it has been that long since the Leafs WON, I repeat WON, the Cup.., at least when we get there we win it.

Unlike the ottawa Chokers.

Would'nt bring up the obvious but the dedication is gettin kind of deep--soon in need of a shovel.

I am a die hard leaf fan, but lets be realistic.

They suck! They've proven this year (at times) that they can contend...but somethings just not working. Penalty kill is finally doing well, but right when that happens the team falls apart, go figure!

Goaltending...I don't even need to touch that subject.

All this hate on Alfie. I hate him, but only for that dirty hit on Tucker in the playoffs and same shift scores the game winner. You can't say hes not a good player. He may not have won any meaningful awards other than the Calder, but hes been consistent. Hate to say it but the Sens are just a better team.

Now, if we were to swap coaches...that could be a different story :P

There is no other team in the league that can go on such a slide when it counts and keep their head coach. I am not saying its Wilsons fault, but is it ever solely the coaches fault? Look at the majority of the teams out there who've fired their coaches this year. It is never solely the coaches fault, but the firing of a coach can really change a teams demeanor (didn't work for the Habs though :P)

All in all I still feel the leafs can make the playoffs this year. They just can't afford to lose many more games (obviously). I will guarantee that the Sens will have at least one more breakdown this year, lose a bunch in a row, they key is the leafs need to start a winning streak of their own.

Is it sad that I still have so much faith in the team? lol

Edited by d_paluch

I am a die hard leaf fan, but lets be realistic.

They suck! They've proven this year (at times) that they can contend...but somethings just not working. Penalty kill is finally doing well, but right when that happens the team falls apart, go figure!

Goaltending...I don't even need to touch that subject.

All this hate on Alfie. I hate him, but only for that dirty hit on Tucker in the playoffs and same shift scores the game winner. You can't say hes not a good player. He may not have won any meaningful awards other than the Calder, but hes been consistent. Hate to say it but the Sens are just a better team.

Now, if we were to swap coaches...that could be a different story tongue.gif

There is no other team in the league that can go on such a slide when it counts and keep their head coach. I am not saying its Wilsons fault, but is it ever solely the coaches fault? Look at the majority of the teams out there who've fired their coaches this year. It is never solely the coaches fault, but the firing of a coach can really change a teams demeanor (didn't work for the Habs though tongue.gif)

All in all I still feel the leafs can make the playoffs this year. They just can't afford to lose many more games (obviously). I will guarantee that the Sens will have at least one more breakdown this year, lose a bunch in a row, they key is the leafs need to start a winning streak of their own.

Is it sad that I still have so much faith in the team? lol

I dont hate him I think he is a good player just not an amazing player.Malkin is amazing,Lidstrom amazing.I aslo happen to think Phaneuf is a waste of a C so I am realistic.

You can change the channel on the TV you know,bypass that article in the paper. Better than watching the game itself....oh dont tell me you are also watching all the games,theres a shock. Moth to a flame moth to a flame.

Actually it's more like flies on .....well you know!!!

Bahahaha

TSN Kipreos ex laff

There are these channels on TV that talk about all current events .They are called News channels.Each locale usually has their own that focuses on local events.TSN is not a news channel is a Sports channel. Maybe thats the issue you are having ?

Actually it's more like flies on .....well you know!!!

Bahahaha

So first you admit its all about the Leafs.Then state Leaf fans are dedicated.Then finish it off with Sens fans are just a bunch of flies.Boy cant argue with that train of thought.

George Armstrong was the captain in 67 when they won the cup.Who was the sens last captain when they won the cup ??

A smart hockey analyst would compare them straight up

Sens been back 20 years in the modern era

one final appearance and a president's trophy

Leafs last 20 years (to equal Sens franchise time )

Accomplished?? Beat the sens a couple rounds & ???? kept a team out of Hamilton for fear of being shown up by another Ontario franchise.

Yes another successful comparison

Wilson could have used a bit more emotion during that post game interview.

Dead on! Wilson shows NO emotion at any time and its reflected in his players. THEY AREN'T READY TO PLAY! They're down by two goals every game then they try to play catchup. Game preparation is Wilson's job. Fire him!

Dan o.

A smart hockey analyst would compare them straight up

Sens been back 20 years in the modern era

one final appearance and a president's trophy

Leafs last 20 years (to equal Sens franchise time )

Accomplished?? Beat the sens a couple rounds & ???? kept a team out of Hamilton for fear of being shown up by another Ontario franchise.

Yes another successful comparison

So you are saying neither has accomplished much in the last 20 years.You either win the cup or you dont.

No, it was stated sens fans were like moths to a flame for following the laffs demise. I simply corrected the analogy as being more like flies on crap.

Mmmhhhmmm as you said sens fans are a bunch of flies attracted to schizen...carry on .

Dead on! Wilson shows NO emotion at any time and its reflected in his players. THEY AREN'T READY TO PLAY! They're down by two goals every game then they try to play catchup. Game preparation is Wilson's job. Fire him!

Dan o.

Should of been gone before this.Kind of like closing the barn door when the horses are already gone.The new coach will need to be a miracle worker.

Anybody see the exchange between Kypreos and doug mclean last night. I think kypreos was implying the Leafs roll there eyes when Wilson talks. Mclean said then its time the coach goes or the offending player goes. Time to open that final envelope Ron! (Old coaching joke)

dan o.

Edited by Oggie

Anybody see the exchange between Kypreos and doug mclean last night. I think kypreos was implying the Leafs roll there eyes when Wilson talks. Mclean said then its time the coach goes or the offending player goes. Time to open that final envelope Ron! (Old coaching joke)

dan o.

Couldnt agree more and if I were a bettin man my odds would be on Phaneuf and Wilson at odds.

There are these channels on TV that talk about all current events .They are called News channels.Each locale usually has their own that focuses on local events.TSN is not a news channel is a Sports channel. Maybe thats the issue you are having ?

Hockey news update on a sport channel, whatever :blahblah1: :blahblah1: